Yield 8 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
Substitute olive oil for walnut oil,if desired.
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked Wild Rice (about 12 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or Olive Oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind, divided
MethodAdd wild rice and salt; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 50 minutes. Stir in currants; cover and cook an additional 10 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Drain; spoon rice mixture into a large bowl.
- 314 - ounce canreduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 14 1/2- ounce jar (drained weight)sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1tablespoon butter, melted
- 2teaspoons dried marjoram, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine broth, uncooked wild rice, carrot, mushrooms, melted butter, marjoram, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Turn off cooker. Stir in 2/3 cup green onions, the cherries, and the pecans. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with a slotted spoon. If desired, garnish with additional green onions.
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice mix
- 2 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- Rinse rice under cold water. Place rice in slow cooker bowl and add the broth, chicken, shallot, carrot and celery. Cover and cook on LOW for about 5 hours or until rice kernels are open but not mushy.
- Remove cover and stir in snap peas, vinegar, walnuts, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Remove 12 small bowl-shaped leaves from head of lettuce; rinse and pat dry. Spoon about 1/2 cup rice mixture into each lettuce cup and serve.
- 4 Pork Loin rib chops, cut 1 1/4 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch Pieces
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can gluten-free butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 5 ounce package fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shelled fresh English peas or frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Trim fat from chops. In a small bowl combine parsley, tarragon, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle herb mixture evenly over chops; rub in with your fingers.
- In an extra-large oven-going skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chops to skillet; cook about 6 minutes or until browned, turning once. Stir green onions into skillet around chops. Transfer skillet to the oven. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into chops registers 150 degrees F. Remove chops from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- Stir beans, spinach, peas, and lemon juice into green onions in skillet. Cook and stir until beans are heated through and peas are tender. Serve chops with vegetable mixture and lemon wedges.