Yield Serves 4 (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
If you can't find precooked wild rice, substitute boil-in-bag or precooked brown rice.
- 1(8.5-ounce) package precooked Wild Rice (such as Archer Farms)
- 1 cup diced English cucumber
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 314 - ounce canreduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 14 1/2- ounce jar (drained weight)sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1tablespoon butter, melted
- 2teaspoons dried marjoram, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine broth, uncooked wild rice, carrot, mushrooms, melted butter, marjoram, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Turn off cooker. Stir in 2/3 cup green onions, the cherries, and the pecans. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with a slotted spoon. If desired, garnish with additional green onions.
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1teaspoon snipped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2cups baby arugula
- 1 mediumpeach, peeled (if desired) and sliced
- 1/2 cup canned no-salt-added cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (1 oz.)
- Black pepper (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- In a large saucepan bring broth to boiling. Stir in rice; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 40 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain and cool. In a medium bowl combine the next four ingredients (through salt). Stir in half of the wild rice (reserve remaining rice for another use). Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours.
- Add the next four ingredients (through cheese) to rice mixture; toss gently to combine. If desired, sprinkle with pepper and additional mint and serve with lime wedges.
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice mix
- 2 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- Rinse rice under cold water. Place rice in slow cooker bowl and add the broth, chicken, shallot, carrot and celery. Cover and cook on LOW for about 5 hours or until rice kernels are open but not mushy.
- Remove cover and stir in snap peas, vinegar, walnuts, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Remove 12 small bowl-shaped leaves from head of lettuce; rinse and pat dry. Spoon about 1/2 cup rice mixture into each lettuce cup and serve.