Prep Time 5min. Total Time 5min. Servings 4 servings, 1-1/4 cups each
Anyone can serve a spinach salad with bacon, mushrooms and dressing. But putting the bacon and dressing in the microwave to warm it first? That's love.
- 6 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cupKRAFT Classic CATALINA dressing
- 6 slicesOSCAR MAYER Fully Cooked bacon, cut into 1/2-inch Pieces
- 2 apples
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces baby spinach or mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 of a celery root, peeled, and very thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- Core and chop one of the apples. In a large skillet cook chopped apple in 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Transfer to a blender. Add vinegar, maple syrup, sage, kosher salt, and ground black pepper. Cover and blend until smooth. With the blender running, slowly add the remaining olive oil, blending until emulsified (smooth and thickened).
- Core and slice remaining apple. In a large bowl combine the spinach, sliced apple, hazelnuts, and celery root. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Knock their socks off with this beautiful bistro-style warm spinach salad! Serve a delicious Warm Spinach Salad with Tomatoes in just 20 minutes.
- 1/4 cupsugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely choppedPLANTERS pecans
- 4 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cupKRAFT Lite balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.)baby spinach leaves
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) philadelphia neufchatel cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 smallRed Onion, cut into wedges
- Line shallow pan with foil; set aside.Spread sugar onto bottom of small nonstick skillet; top with nuts. Cook on medium-low heat 5 min. or until sugar is completely melted and golden brown, tilting skillet to evenly distribute sugar if necessary. Stir until nuts are evenly coated. Immediately spread into prepared pan; cool completely.
- Microwave tomatoes and dressing in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 3 min. or until tomatoes are slightly softened and dressing is heated through, stirring after 2 min.
- Cover platter with spinach; top with tomato mixture, cream cheese, onions and nuts. Toss lightly before serving.
Warm Spinach Salad provides minimal effort and a tasty way to add greens to your meals.
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Grape Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place spinach leaves in a large bowl. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil; swirl to coat. Add minced garlic and grape tomatoes; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add vinegar, honey, pepper, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Add vinegar mixture to spinach; toss to coat.