Use modern, popular ingredients to get your meat, potato and veg fix with this satisfying salad
- 4 eggs
- 2 large sweet potatoes, skin left on, cut into slices on the diagonal
- 85g chorizo, cut into long slices on the diagonal
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- juice ½ lemon
- 130g bag mixed salad leaves
- 100g pack cherry tomato, halved, use vine if you can
Method(Covering the pan with a lid will speed this up.) Uncover and boil for 6 mins, then lift out the eggs and cool in cold water. Leave the potato in the pan for another 4 mins, or until just tender when pricked in the middle with the tip of a knife. Drain and tip into a bowl.
- 650g new potato, halved lengthways if large
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 175g can tuna
- 200g green beans, halved
- couple of handfuls of spinach, preferably baby leaves, tear if larger
- Put the potatoes in a pan of boiling water, bring back to the boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix the pesto and oil to make a dressing. Halve the tomatoes, drain and flake the tuna. Add the beans to the potatoes for the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain the potatoes and beans and tip into a salad bowl. Stir in the spinach so that it wilts a little in the warmth from the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter the tomatoes and tuna on top, drizzle with the pesto and gently toss everything together.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 200g block feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 flour tortillas
- 140g sliced chorizo (about 24 slices)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pierce the potatoes a few times each and put on a baking tray. Cook for 50 mins until really soft. Leave to cool slightly.
- Scoop the sweet potato flesh out of the skins into a bowl. Mash with the coriander, season and gently fold through the feta. This can be done earlier in the day – cover and keep in the fridge. Heat a large griddle pan.
- Spread the sweet potato mixture over half of each tortilla, top with chorizo slices and fold the other side over. Cook on the hot griddle pan for 3 mins each side until golden. Cut each tortilla in half and serve.
- 250g Charlotte potato (or another waxy variety), quartered
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 6 small gherkins, sliced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 3 tbsp virtually fat-free fromage frais
- 4 Rollmops
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for about 10 mins until tender, then drain and leave to cool a little.
- Meanwhile, mix the onion, gherkins, vinegar, mustard and fromage frais together in a medium bowl. Add the potatoes, mix well, divide between two plates, then top with the fish. Great with a green salad on the side.