Use ground turkey to lighten up this comforting American classic - a low fat, low calorie dinner that the whole family will love
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp tomato purée, plus 1 tbsp for the beans
- 500g turkey mince (thigh is best)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 85g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce, plus 4 tbsp for the beans
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans
- 1-2 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
MethodHeat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion for 8-10 mins until softened. Add the garlic, Worcestershire sauce and 2 tsp tomato purée, and stir until combined. Set aside to cool.
- 1 package (20.8 ounces) ground turkey
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Press a 24-inch long piece of nonstick aluminum foil into an oval slow cooker bowl, with nonstick side facing up, so that it is flush with bowl and ends hang out over sides.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together turkey, onion, green pepper, egg, garlic, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup cheese, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, garlic salt and black pepper. Place meatloaf mixture in slow cooker and form into a 9 x 5-inch log. Cover and cook on HIGH 2-1/2 hours or on LOW 4-1/2 hours or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees on an instant read thermomter.
- About 30 minutes before cooking is complete, place remaining 1/4 cup tomato sauce in a small bowl and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons Parmean cheese and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Pour tomato sauce mixture over meatloaf; cover and continue to cook another 30 minutes.
- Carefully lift meatloaf out of slow cooker using foil cradle and place on a cutting board. Using two long offset spatulas, carefully lift meatloaf off of foil and place on serving dish. Discard foil and any liquid and serve immediately.
- 1/2 cup grated yellow squash
- 1/4 cup gluten-free cornmeal
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 pound ground dark turkey meat
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup gluten-free ketchup or barbecue sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees . Place squash, cornmeal, milk and soy sauce in a large bowl and stir well. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes to allow cornmeal to soak up some of the liquid. Stir in turkey, egg and garlic. Mix well.
- Coat an 8 x 41/2 x 3-inch loaf pan with . Add turkey mixture to pan, smoothing surface. Top with ketchup or barbecue sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes, until meatloaf registers 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
This little turkey meatloaf for two is big on flavor and texture, with tangy barbecue sauce and chunks of red potato and sweet onion.
- 1 smallSweet Onion
- 10 oz.red potatoes (about 2), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 carrots, cut diagonally into 1-inch-thick slices
- 2 tsp.Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb.93%-fat-free ground Turkey
- 6 multigrain saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 Egg white
- 2 Tbsp.BULL'S-EYE Original Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Tbsp.KRAFT Grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Chop enough onion finely to measure 1/4 cup; reserve for later use. Cut remaining onion into wedges; place in large bowl.Add potatoes, carrots and oil; mix lightly. Spread onto bottom of 15x10x1-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 15 min.
- Mix turkey, cracker crumbs, egg white and reserved chopped onions just until blended.Remove vegetables from oven; stir, then push to edges of pan. Shape turkey mixture into 6x3-inch oval loaf; place in center of pan.Brush with barbecue sauce.
- Bake 15 to 20 min. or until meatloaf is done (165ºF) and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle cheese over vegetables.