No need to choose between tangy tomato or creamy cheese sauce - this easy bake, with turkey mince and mascarpone, has the best of both
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 500g turkey mince (thigh is best)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- 300ml chicken stock
- 400g large pasta shells
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 200g cheddar, grated
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
MethodAdd the onions and cook for 8-10 mins until softened. Add the mince and brown all over. Once browned, add the garlic, tomatoes, chipotle paste and chicken stock, and bring to the boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 35-40 mins, adding a splash of water if it looks too dry.
- 1 3 pound Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 ounces dried cellentani pasta or other short pasta shape, such as cavatappi or gemelli
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion (1 large)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-REggiano cheese (2 ounce)
- 2 5 ounce packages fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a shallow roasting pan combine squash and olive oil; toss to coat. Roast about 25 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Remove squash from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Set aside. In a 6-quart Dutch oven melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook about 5 minutes or until onion is tender but not browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in the flour; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Add the milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in spinach until wilted. Stir in sage, salt, and pepper. Gently stir in cooked pasta and squash until combined. Transfer pasta mixture to a 3-quart baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and top with pine nuts. Bake, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes more or until heated through.
Save some time when you prepare this Easy Pizza-Pasta Bake! Follow this fun, simple recipe for a delicious entrée any night of the week.
- 3 cupsPenne Pasta, uncooked
- 1each small green and Red Pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cupsCLASSICO family favoriteS Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 1-1/2 cupsOSCAR MAYER pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cupKRAFT Grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cupKRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cupKRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding peppers to the boiling water for the last 2 min.; drain.Return to pan.Stir in pasta sauce, pepperoni, Parmesan and 1/4 cup of each shredded cheese.
- Spoon into 8- or 9-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining shredded cheese.Cool.Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil. Freeze up to 2 months. Refrigerate overnight to thaw.
- Heat oven 375°F. Remove foil and plastic wrap from baking dish; re-cover dish with foil. Bake 55 min. or until heated through, uncovering for the last 10 min.
Give your next cheesy pasta bake farmers'-market appeal with a blend of zucchini, mushrooms and fresh red peppers. And garlic. Don't forget the garlic!
- 3 cups multi-grain rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 tsp.oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 lb.sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 2 clovesgarlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp.flour
- 1/2 tsp.adobo seasoning
- 1 cupvegetable broth
- 1/2 cup(1/2 of 8-oz. tub) philadelphia spicy Jalapeño Cream Cheese spread
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) baby spinach leaves
- 1-1/2 cupsKRAFT mexican Style Finely Shredded Four cheese, divided
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat.Add zucchini, mushrooms, peppers and garlic; cook and stir 3 min.Add flour and seasoning; cook and stir 1 min.Stir in broth; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until thickened.Add cream cheese spread; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until melted.
- Drain pasta; return to pan.Add zucchini mixture, spinach and 1/2 cup shredded cheese; mix lightly.Spoon into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake 10 min. or until shredded cheese is melted.