A nourishing spring salad, ready in minutes
- 1 large bunch asparagus
- 2 x 200g cans yellowfin tuna steaks in water, drained
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans in water, drained
- 1 red onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tarragon, finely chopped
MethodDrain well, cool under running water, then cut into finger-length pieces. Toss together the tuna, beans, onion, capers and asparagus in a large serving bowl.
- 12 rashers streaky bacon
- 4 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 x 280g jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 2 x 400g cans borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 150g bag baby spinach leaves
- Heat a large pan and dry-fry the bacon for about 2 mins each side until crispy. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Keep the fat from the bacon in the pan, add the vinegar and bubble for a few secs before tipping in the peppers and beans. Season and heat through. Toss together the spinach, beans, peppers and bacon, then drizzle with a dressing of your choice.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 219 ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained and coarsely mashed
- 26 ounce cans tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 tomato & basil, plain or spinach tortilla wraps
- Carrot and cucumber sticks, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, red onion, salt and black pepper. Whisk in olive oil; set aside.
- Place beans, tuna, tomatoes and parsley in a large bowl. Pour dressing over bean and tuna mixture; stir gently.
- Place 3/4 cup bean mixture on one side of 1 tortilla and tightly roll the wrap. Cut in half on the diagonal. Repeat with remaining ingredients; Serve with carrot and cucumber.
- 3/4 cup dried Orzo pasta (rosamarina)
- 12 ounces fresh Green Beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch Pieces
- 1 10 ounce package frozen shelled sweet soybeans (edamame)
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta Cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped Red Onion
- 3 tablespoons Red Wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons country dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans and edamame for the last 3 minutes of cooking; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- In a large bowl combine pasta mixture, tomatoes, cucumber, cheese, olives, red onion, vinegar, oil, parsley, oregano, mustard, salt, and pepper. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes. Chill until ready to serve.