Fresh mango, a crunchy biscuit base and smooth cream cheese filling make a light summer dessert everyone will love. Top with passion fruit, pineapple and creamy lemon curd
- 200g ginger biscuits
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 200g butter, melted
- 3 x 280g cream cheese
- 200g caster sugar
- 50g plain flour
- zest 1 lemon
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 200ml double cream
- 100g fresh mango, chopped into small cubes
- 4 passion fruits
- 3 tbsp lemon curd
- 50g mango and pineapple slices
- mint leaves
MethodLine the base and sides of a 20 x 30cm rectangular tin with baking parchment. Put the biscuits into a large food bag and bash with something heavy like a rolling pin, alternatively blitz in a food processor. Put the biscuit crumbs into a large bowl and pour over the melted butter, stir well to combine then tip into your prepared tin. Press the mixture down well with the back of a spoon to form a compressed layer. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 mins. Take it out of the oven to cool and turn the oven down to 120C/100C fan/gas 1/2.
- 280g unsalted cashew nuts
- flavourless oil, for greasing
- 140g unsalted almonds
- 140g pitted dates
- 100g coconut cream
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- juice ½ lemon
- 140g blueberries, plus a handful
- 5 pitted dates
- Soak the cashew nuts in boiling water for 10 mins, or overnight in cold water if you have time. Lightly oil a 20 x 20cm square cake tin.
- To make the base, whizz the almonds and dates in a food processor until very finely chopped. Tip into your prepared tin and press the mixture down, smoothing with the back of a spoon until evenly spread across the base. Put the tin in the freezer to firm up while you make the ‘cheesecake’ layer.
- Drain the cashew nuts and put half in the food processor. Add the ingredients for the ‘cheesecake’ layer and blitz until smooth and creamy. Remove the tin from the freezer and spread the creamy mixture on top of the base. Return to the freezer for 30-40 mins until firm.
- To make the topping, blend the 140g blueberries and the dates together with the remaining cashews in the food processor. Take the tin out of the freezer and spoon over the topping, then scatter over a handful of blueberries. Return to the freezer for at least 1 hr to firm up. Can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 10 mins before serving, then slice into 10-12 bars and enjoy.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 17 1/2 ounce package Oatmeal Cookie mix
- 2 8 ounces packages Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet Chocolate Pieces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 48 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch pan with foil, extending foil over the pan edges. Lightly grease foil. Set pan aside. In a large bowl, use a pastry blender to cut 1/2 cup butter into cookie mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until set.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition until just combined. Stir in pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Pour pumpkin mixture onto the hot crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes more or until mixture is slightly puffed around edges and just set in center. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate pieces and the 1/4 cup butter. Microwave on 100% power (high) for 30 to 60 seconds or until softened; stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over the cooled bars and carefully spread evenly. Gently press pecan halves evenly across top of bar mixture. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut bars out of the pan. Cut into bars, cutting straight down with a large knife.
- 1 3/4 cups crushed chocolate Sandwich Cookies with white filling (18 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 3 ounce package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chocolate liqueur (optional)
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet Chocolate Pieces
- 1 recipe Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Lightly grease the foil; set aside. For crust, in a large bowl combine crushed cookies, butter, and the 1 ounce melted semisweet chocolate, stirring until well mixed. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Chill while making filling.
- For filling, in a small microwave-safe bowl combine the 8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate and the whipping cream. Microwave on 100-percent power (high) about 2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring once. Stir until smooth.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and, if desired, chocolate liqueur with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Gradually add chocolate-whipping cream mixture, beating until smooth. Spread evenly over crust. Let stand for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the chocolate pieces. Chill for 4 to 24 hours or until set. Cut into bars. Serve with Sweetened Whipped Cream.