This Indian chopped salad makes a fresh and flavourful addition to a sharing or buffet spread with tangy red onion, cumin and coriander
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- juice ½ lemon
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- handful coriander leaves, chopped
- mint leaves (optional)
- green chilli, sliced (optional)
MethodScatter over mint and chilli, if you like, before serving.
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes (about 3 lbs.), sliced into 1/2-inch slices or wedges
- 3 - 4 tablespoons extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Fleur de sel salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup packed fresh dillweed
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 3/4 teaspoon fleur de sel salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes on a platter, and drizzle with oil, lemon juice, and salt.
- Wash and drain herbs, and dry between two pieces of paper towel. Heat an iron wok on the stove top until hot. Toss in raw peanuts and dry-roast, 2 to 4 minutes over medium heat, so they cook on all sides. In the last minute of cooking, add 3/4 tsp. fleur de sel and white pepper.
- Chop herbs and combine with roasted peanuts. Sprinkle peanut and herb mixture over the tomatoes. Serve topped with additional herbs.
- 4 cups assorted tiny tomatoes
- 2 cups arugula or watercress
- 1 small fennel bulb, quartered, cored, and very thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh italian parsley
- 2 shallots, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons cHampagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a salad bowl toss together tomatoes, arugula, fennel, and parsley. For Champagne Vinaigrette, in a screw-top jar combine shallots, oil, vinegar, zest, salt, and black pepper. Cover; shake well. Pour over salad.
Mix up your weeknight routine with this fast and flavorful pasta dish made with penne pasta, pasilla chiles and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- 2 qt. (8 cups) water
- 3 dried pasilla chiles, stemmed, seeded
- 3 cupsPenne Pasta, uncooked
- 1 Tbsp.Olive Oil
- 1/2 cupchopped onions
- 2 clovesgarlic, finely chopped
- 3 OSCAR MAYER Wieners, sliced
- 1/2 cupchopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh epazote leaves
- 2 Tbsp.KRAFT Grated parmesan cheese
- Bring water to boil in large saucepan.Add chiles; cook 3 min. Remove chiles from water with slotted spoon; drain.Chop chiles; set aside.Add pasta to reserved boiling water; cook as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onions, garlic and wieners; cook and stir 3 min. or until onions are crisp-tender.Stir in tomatoes, epazote leaves and chopped chiles; cook 5 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta.Add to ingredients in saucepan; stir. Top with cheese.