- 6 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese or regular feta cheese
- 2cups small broccoli florets
- 2tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
MethodIn a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, eggs, salt, and pepper. Stir in cheese; set aside.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 100g spinach leaves
- small handful basil leaves
- 100g ricotta
- 6 eggs, beaten
- salad, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion for 5-6 mins until softened and lightly golden. Add the tomatoes and toss for 1 min to soften.
- Remove from the heat, add the spinach leaves and basil, and toss together to wilt a little. Transfer all the ingredients to a greased 30cm x 20cm rectangular baking tin. Take small scoops of the ricotta and dot over the vegetables.
- Season the eggs and beat well, then pour over the vegetables and cheese. Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins until pale golden and set. Serve with salad.
- 500g new potato
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- small handful mint, finely chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- Boil potatoes in a large pan for 10-12 mins, adding the broccoli pieces for the final 4 mins until everything is tender. Drain well. Meanwhile, place the salmon fillets in a microwaveable dish, splash with a little water, then cover in cling film and microwave on High for 2½ mins until the fish flakes.
- Heat the grill. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Cut the potatoes into chunky slices, then quickly cook in the pan over a high heat until golden on the edges. Flake the salmon into large chunks and poke amongst the potatoes with the broccoli. Stir the mint and some seasoning into the eggs, then pour into the pan. Leave for 6 mins over a low heat until the sides are set and just the centre is a little wobbly, then flash under the grill to set completely and brown. Serve in wedges with a big green salad on the side.
Broccoli, garlic, walnuts and Parmesan cheese are blended for an easy pesto sauce to toss with pasta, ham and tomatoes in this colorful entree.
- 3 clovesgarlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp.PLANTERS peanut Oil
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 3/4 cupchicken broth
- 3/4 cupPLANTERS Walnut Pieces, divided
- 1/4 cupKRAFT Shredded or Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) bow tie pasta, cooked, drained
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh Smoked Ham, cut into strips
- 1 cupCherry Tomatoes, halved
- Cook and stir garlic in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat until tender.Stir in broccoli; cook 3 min., stirring occasionally.
- Place chicken broth, broccoli mixture and 1/4 cup of the walnuts in blender container; cover.Blend until smooth; stir in cheese.Place in large bowl.
- Add pasta, ham, tomatoes and remaining 1/2 cup walnuts; mix lightly.