Contrast breaded chicken with squash, tomatoes and aubergine flavoured with spicy Thai red curry paste
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cubed
- 1 large aubergine, cubed
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp fresh breadcrumb
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 300g cherry tomato
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- lime wedges, to serve
MethodIn a large, shallow roasting tin, toss the squash and aubergine in the oil, then season and spread out in a single layer. Roast for 30 mins, turning once.
- 1½ tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1l vegetable stock
- 400ml can half-fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 175g medium egg noodles
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ½ head Chinese leaf, sliced
- ½ x 300g bag beansprouts
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- juice 1 lime
- 3 spring onions, halved, then finely sliced lengthways
- handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Place the curry paste in a large saucepan or wok with the oil. Fry for 1 min until fragrant. Tip in the vegetable stock, coconut milk and brown sugar. Simmer for 3 mins.
- Add the noodles, carrots and Chinese leaf and simmer for 4-6 mins, until all are tender. Mix in beansprouts and tomatoes. Add lime juice to taste and some extra seasoning, if you like. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with spring onions and coriander.
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken thigh
- 2 red onions, cut into quarters
- 2 large roasted peppers from a jar, cut into chunky pieces
- 100g feta cheese
- 50g pine nut, toasted
- 200g couscous, cooked following pack instructions, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a large bowl, mix together the harissa paste and the vinegar, then add the chicken and onions. Spread the mixture out in a large roasting tin and roast for 35 mins, turning at least once. In the final 10 mins, add the peppers and feta, then sprinkle with the pine nuts just before the end of the cooking time. Serve with the pan juices and couscous.
- 3 tbsp harissa
- ½ x 500g pot low-fat natural yogurt
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, slashed
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into long wedges
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Mix 2 tbsp of the harissa with 3 tbsp of the yogurt. Rub all over the chicken breasts and set aside to marinate while you start the veg.
- Toss the squash and the onions with remaining harissa, mixed with 2 tbsp oil (sunflower, vegetable or olive is fine), and some seasoning in a large roasting tin. Roast for 10 mins.
- Remove veg from the oven, add the chicken to the tin, then roast for a further 20-25 mins until the chicken and veg are cooked through. Serve with the remaining yogurt on the side, and a big bowl of couscous or rice.