A no fuss shopping list and super-quick to prepare, the perfect after work meal
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g beef strips, or steak cut into thin strips
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- handful basil leaves
MethodPour in the oil and swirl around the pan, then tip in the beef strips and chilli. Cook, stirring all the time, until the meat is lightly browned, about 3 mins, then pour over the oyster sauce. Cook until heated through and the sauce coats the meat. stir in the basil leaves and serve with plain rice.
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cups packaged fresh cut-up stir-fry vegetables
- 8 ounces Beef sirloin steak trimmed of fat and cut in very thin bite-size strips
- 1 cup frozen shelled sweet soybeans (edamame)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 8.8 ounce pouch cooked whole grain Brown Rice
- In nonstick wok or skillet heat half of oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ginger 15 seconds. Add vegetables. Cook and stir 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables.
- Add remaining oil to wok. Cook and stir beef and edamame 2 minutes or until beef is browned. Return vegetables to wok. In bowl combine hoisin, vinegar, and chili paste. Add to beef mixture, tossing to coat. Heat through.
- Meanwhile, heat rice according to package directions. Serve beef over rice. Makes 4 servings.
- 12 ounces boneless Beef top round steak or sirloin steak
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons bottled hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup thinly bias-sliced carrot
- 1 14 ounce can whole baby corn, drained
- 1 red sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch Pieces
- 2 cups hot cooked Rice
- Thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- For easier slicing, partially freeze meat. Trim fat from meat. Thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips . Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together sherry, soy sauce, water, hoisin sauce, ginger, cornstarch, sugar, garlic, and crushed red pepper (if using); set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat (add more oil if necessary during cooking). Add carrot; cook and stir in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add baby corn and sweet pepper. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from wok.
- Add meat to wok. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in center. Push meat from center of wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to wok. Stir all ingredients together to coat. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve immediately with hot cooked rice. If desired, sprinkle with sliced green onions.
- Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper
- 8 ounces boneless Beef sirloin
- 6 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh thin Green Beans, trimmed
- 2 cups sliced stemmed fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced Red Onion
- Hot cooked Rice Noodles or rice (optional)
- 1 recipe Pickled radishes
- For sauce, in a bowl stir together the first four ingredients (through crushed red pepper). Trim fat from meat. Thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips.
- In an extra-large wok or skillet heat 2 tsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add beef; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from wok.
- Heat 2 tsp. oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add half the beans; cook and stir 3 minutes. Remove from skillet. Add remaining 2 tsp. oil and remaining beans; cook and stir 3 minutes. Return all beans to skillet. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until beans are blistered and onion is crisp-tender. Return beef and any accumulated juices to skillet. Add sauce; stir to coat. If desired, serve over rice noodles or rice. Top with Pickled Radishes.