Yield 18 servings
- 1 can (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® sweetened Condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons pure lemon juice
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut macaroon crumbs, about 5 macaroons
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 2 (1 pint) whipping cream, whipped
- 24foil baking cups
- Garnishes: Semi-sweet chocolate curls, cherries, macaroon crumbs or almonds
MethodStir in vanilla, macaroon crumbs, almonds and maraschino cherries. Fold in whipped cream.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce sweet baking, bittersweet, or semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 recipe chocolate-Almond glaze
- In a medium bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed about 2 minutes or until smooth. Add sugar, beating until creamy. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined. Stir in melted chocolate. Stir in flour. Fold in dried cherries and almonds. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls about 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until centers are set. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
- Drizzle Chocolate-Almond Glaze over cooled cookies. Let stand until glaze is set.
- 1 1/4 cups crushed amaretti cookies or Biscotti (7.5 oz. amaretti or 5 oz. biscotti)
- 1/4 cup ground Toasted Almonds
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 8 ounce package reduced fat Cream Cheese (neufchatel), softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup half and half or whole milk
- 3 cups fresh or frozen tart red cherries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cherry juice or 3 tablespoons cherry juice and 1 tablespoon amaretto
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees . In a medium bowl combine crushed cookies, ground almonds and meltedbutter. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in brown sugar, and almond extract until fluffy. In a chilled mixing bowl, beat whipping cream to soft peaks; fold into cream cheese mixture. Turn into prepare crust.
- Meanwhile, pit fresh cherries or allow frozen cherries to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a medium saucepan combine granulated sugar and cornstarch. Add cherries, and cherry juice. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook 1 minute more. Cool and spoon atop pie. Cover and chill. Just before serving, top with sliced almonds.
- 1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/3 cup snipped dried cherries and/or finely chopped dried figs
- 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts (filberts) or almonds, chopped
- 3/4 cup coconut
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and milk. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until combined. Stir in cherries and/or figs and hazelnuts.
- Chill in refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes or until easy to handle. Using your hands, shape mixture into 2 balls. Roll balls in coconut. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until serving time. Makes 2 balls (thirty-two one-tablespoon servings)