Make a melting potato side dish without messing up your barbecue, by cooking it in a foil bag
- 1½ kg small new potatoes
- 8 rashers streaky bacon, chopped, or 100g cubed pancetta
- 175g taleggio cheese, diced
- 8 thyme sprigs
MethodDrain and cool.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into wedges
- ½ small fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 tbsp orange juice, plus a grating of zest
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled (or any salty, soft vegetarian cheese)
- Make a rough 30cm square double layer of foil. Tip the potato wedges and fennel into the middle and toss to mix together with 1 tsp orange juice and 1 tsp oil.
- Bring the foil up around the veg to make a bowl shape, then scrunch the top to seal. Put the foil parcels on the rack over the hottest part of the barbecue and cook for 35-45 mins until the potatoes are soft. (Unwrap and test with the point of a knife to check if they're ready.)
- Meanwhile, whisk together the last 2 tsp orange juice and oil with the vinegar, honey, parsley, walnuts and zest. Season. When the potato is cooked, carefully open the top of the parcel and pour in the dressing with most of the feta – the heat of the barbecue will bring out the flavours of the dressing and warm the feta. Gently mix in the parcel, then scatter with the remaining feta.
- 25g creamed coconut (from a block)
- 2 tsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp Thai green curry paste
- ½ sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and cut into small cubes
- 1 skinless chicken breast
- handful coriander leaves and a few lime wedges, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Dissolve the creamed coconut with 3 tbsp boiling water and mix to a smooth paste. Stir in the sugar, fish sauce and curry paste.
- Place a large piece of baking parchment on a baking sheet. Arrange the sweet potato and pepper in the middle of the paper, clearing a space in the centre. Lay the chicken breast in the space and pour over the sauce. Fold over the top edges of the parchment to form a seal and scrunch up the ends like a sweet wrapper.
- Cook in the oven for 25-30 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Sit the parcel on a dinner plate or shallow bowl and carefully open. Sprinkle with coriander and squeeze over some lime juice, to taste.
- 280g pack white bread and pizza base mix
- 300g new potato
- 4 spring onions
- 175g taleggio cheese
- 100g pack smoked lardon
- Make up the dough following the pack instructions. Roll out thinly to make a rectangle about 30 x 40cm, then transfer to a well oiled baking sheet. Cover with cling film and leave to rise for 20 mins. Preheat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- Slice the potatoes thinly and boil in salted water, or steam, until just tender, about 3-4 mins, then drain well and pat dry. Shred the spring onions. Thinly slice the cheese.
- Spread the potatoes over the pizza dough and drizzle with a little olive oil. Scatter over the onions, cheese and lardons. Bake for 15-20 mins, until the topping is crisp and golden. Cut into squares to serve.