Create a tangy fresh dish using your cupboard ingredients
- 300g dried tagliatelle
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 x 260g cans tuna in extra virgin olive oil, drained
- a handful of rocket, plus a little extra to garnish
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
MethodMeanwhile, heat the olive oil in another large pan, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 2 aubergines, sliced into 1cm rounds
- 6 tbsp olive oil, plus a drizzle for the prawns
- 140g raw prawn, deveined
- 140g cooking chorizo, cut into 1½ cm-2cm thick slices
- 400g can chickpea, drained and rinsed
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 100g baby spinach
- large handful parsley, chopped
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice and zest 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp clear honey
- 2 small preserved lemons, flesh removed and rind thinly sliced
- Heat a griddle pan to medium. Brush the aubergine slices with oil, season and griddle on both sides until soft and lightly charred – you’ll need to do this in batches. Set aside and keep warm. (See below left for griddling tips.)
- While the aubergines are cooking, make the dressing. Mix the garlic with a good pinch of salt to form a paste. Gradually stir in the olive oil and lemon juice, followed by the zest, cumin, honey, preserved lemons and seasoning.
- Wipe out the griddle pan and toss the prawns with a little oil and seasoning. Griddle for 1-2 mins each side until cooked through, then transfer to a plate. Add the chorizo slices to the pan and cook for 3-4 mins each side, or until they start to release their oil and become crispy.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, onion, spinach and most of the parsley. Add the aubergines, prawns and chorizo, pour over the dressing and gently toss everything together. Pile onto a serving platter and scatter over the remaining parsley. Serve straight away.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g pack good-quality sausage, skins removed, broken into small chunks
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 400g tagliatelle
- handful basil, reserving smaller leaves to garnish
- ½ x 250g tub ricotta
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, tip in the onion and garlic, and soften for about 10 mins. Add the sausagemeat chunks and brown for 5 mins. Tip in the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 5 mins or so, until thick and the sausagemeat is cooked through. Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions.
- Season the tomato sauce and toss through the drained tagliatelle. Tear the basil and stir it through as well. Spoon into bowls and dot with ricotta. Grind over some pepper and sprinkle with the small basil leaves.
- 350g pasta
- 140g broccoli florets
- 100g frozen soya beans
- 100g frozen peas
- 100g mange tout
- 150g mascarpone or soft cheese
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 85g grated Parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- handful basil leaves
- Cook pasta in a very large pan following the pack instructions, adding broccoli florets, frozen soya beans, frozen peas and mange tout for the final 3 mins of cooking time.
- Drain, saving a ladleful of the cooking water first, then tip everything back into the pan. Stir in mascarpone or soft cheese, zest and juice 1 lemon, grated Parmesan, a handful basil leaves, some seasoning and a splash of cooking water.