Cheat your way to dinner party compliments by making the most of your deli counter and creating this amazing antipasti
- 250g tub ricotta
- handful chives
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- selection of vegetables from the deli counter, such as roasted aubergines and peppers, artichoke hearts, olives and balsamic red onions
- toasted pitta bread or breadsticks, to serve
MethodSnip in the chives.
- 1 medium Red Onion, very thinly sliced and cut up (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup White Wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 pounds ripe red, yellow, green, and/or orange tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Microgreens (optional)
- Place onion slices in a medium heatproof bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan warm the white wine vinegar, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Pour over onions; toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the mustard, white balsamic vinegar, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Top with drained pickled onions and microgreens.
We may be grill-obsessed. But if these BBQ hot dogs topped with crispy bacon are the result, we don't see any reason to change.
- 4 onion slices (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 OSCAR MAYER Premium Jumbo Beef Franks, partially split lengthwise
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 Tbsp.KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
- 2 KRAFT Big Slice Mild Cheddar Cheese Slices, cut diagonally in half
- 4 slices cooked OSCAR MAYER bacon, crumbled
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Grill onions and franks, cut sides down, 5 min., turning after 3 min. and adding buns, cut sides down, to grill for the last minute.
- Spread barbecue sauce onto cut sides of top halves of buns.Fill buns with cheese, franks, onions and bacon.
- 4 ears corn on the cob, husks and silk removed
- 12 sea scallops
- 1 tsp.ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp.extra virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cupA.1. Original sauce
- 4 slicesOSCAR MAYER bacon
- 1 cupsugar Snap Peas, trimmed, blanched and cut crosswise in half
- 1 cup halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- zest and juice from 1 lime
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Grill corn 10 to 12 min. or until tender and lightly charred, turning occasionally. Cool.
- Meanwhile, toss scallops with pepper and 1 Tbsp. oil until evenly coated.Grill 2 min. on each side or until scallops are opaque.Remove from grill.
- Mix sugar and A.1. until blended.Place bacon in single layer on 2 stacked large sheets heavy-duty foil; brush bacon with sugar mixture. Fold up sides of foil to make rim.Grill 6 min. or until bacon is crisp, turning occasionally. Remove from grill; drain on paper towels.
- Cut kernels off corn cobs; place in medium bowl.Add peas, tomatoes, radishes, shallots and remaining oil; mix lightly.Stir in cilantro, lime zest and juice.
- Break each bacon slice into thirds; place over scallops.Serve with vegetable mixture.