Put some spring into your pasta with this light dish, on the table in just 10 minutes
- 250g pack frozen ricotta and spinach tortellini
- 50g frozen peas
- 50g frozen broad beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- zest 1 lemon
- 50g ricotta
MethodTip in the pasta, cook for 3-4 mins. Add the frozen peas and broad beans, then cook for 1 min more to heat through. Drain well, then toss through the olive oil and lemon zest. Place on plates, dollop over the ricotta
- 400g penne
- 200g bag shredded kale
- 100g streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 100g soft mild goat's cheese
- grated Parmesan, to serve (optional)
- Boil the pasta in salted water. Add the kale for the final 2 mins, then drain, reserving a little of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, dry-fry the bacon in a nonstick pan until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain off most of the fat, leaving behind about 1 tsp. Gently fry the onion in the fat for 2-3 mins until soft.
- Tip the cooked pasta and kale into the pan, then stir through the bacon and goat’s cheese. Add a little of the pasta cooking water if the mixture seems a bit dry. Serve in bowls scattered with grated Parmesan, if you like.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g can tomato
- handful basil leaves, chopped
- 400g spaghetti
- 290g jar artichoke heart, cut into bite size pieces
- handful freshly grated Parmesan
- handful parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Tip in the garlic and cook for 1 min until lightly coloured. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, then stir in the basil. Bring up to the boil, then turn down the heat and leave to gently simmer for 10 mins. Meanwhile, boil the spaghetti according to pack instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving a little of the cooking water separately, then return to the pan. Add the artichokes to the tomato sauce until heated through, then pour it over the spaghetti. Stir in a little parmesan, most of the chopped parsley and a splash of the cooking water if the sauce looks dry. Serve immediately with the remaining parmesan and parsley sprinkled over.
- 1 cup farfalle pasta (bow ties), spirals
- 1 cup wagon wheel pasta
- 1 cup fiori pasta (flower)
- 1 cup spiral-shaped pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, bottoms removed and cut in 2-inch pieces
- 110 ounce package frozen peas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- In four large pots, bring water to a boil. Cook pasta shapes individually according to package directions. (You may combine pastas that take the same amount of time to cook.) Three to 4 minutes before pasta is done, add asparagus and peas.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and saute 3 to 4 minutes, until tender. Add parsley.
- Drain pasta and toss with oil mixture and salt. Top with shaved Parmesan.