- 6 cups fresh spinach (8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup Salad oil
- 3 tablespoons Red Wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 11 ounce can Mandarin Oranges, chilled and drained
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken or Turkey or two 5-ounce cans chunk-style chicken, drained and flaked
- 2 cups strawberry halves or cantaloupe cubes
MethodCover and store in refrigerator. For dressing, in a screw top jar combine oil, red wine vinegar, orange juice, mustard, and poppy seeds. Cover and shake well. Chill up to 24 hours.
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 bags (6 ounces) baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 medium Red Onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken, shredded (about 2-1/2 cups), from a 3-pound chicken
- 10 slices fully cooked microwavable bacon
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and lemon-pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking continuously. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the spinach, mushrooms and onion. Toss with the dressing. Add in the shredded chicken.
- Microwave the bacon following package directions, about 30 seconds. Crumble and sprinkle over salad. Serve immediately.
- 1cup pearl barley
- 28 - ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small Eggplant, cut into 1 1/2-inch Pieces
- 2cups cherry or Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1cup packed mint leaves
- 4ounces feta, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1/2small Red Onion, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2teaspoons lemon zest
- 2tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook barley according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Place chicken in a large straight-sided skillet or pot and cover with water by 1/2 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat; cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees , 12 to 14 minutes. Remove chicken from water, let cool and shred.
- Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange eggplant in an even layer. Lightly coat eggplant with cooking spray and roast until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together chicken, eggplant, barley, tomatoes, mint, feta, onion, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive or cooking oil
- 1 lemon
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 10 ounce container refrigerated light Alfredo Pasta sauce
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In large skillet brown chicken and mushrooms 4 minutes in hot oil, turning chicken halfway through.
- Meanwhile, shred 2 teaspoons lemon peel; set aside. Slice lemon. Add broccoli and lemon slices to skillet. Cover; cook 8 minutes or until chicken is done (170 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer).
- Place chicken and vegetables on plates. Add Alfredo sauce to skillet; heat through. Serve with chicken. Add lemon peel and pepper. Makes 4 servings.