A stunning centrepiece that is simple to make and sure to tempt vegetarians and meat eaters alike
- 2 x 200g bags ready-washed spinach
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 200g pots fromage frais (not the virtually fat-free one)
- 3 tbsp self-raising flour
- 150g pack Garlic & herb Boursin or roulé
- finely grated vegetarian Parmesan -style cheese
- 10-12 sundried tomato, shredded
MethodCook the spinach in the microwave according to pack instructions (about 2 mins for each bag), then, when cool enough to handle, squeeze out as much juice as you can. Tip the spinach into a food processor and add the egg yolks, 1 tbsp fromage frais, plenty of seasoning and the flour. Blend until really finely chopped and well mixed.
- 400g orzo pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 celery heart, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomato
- 250g baby spinach
- 10 black olives, halved
- small handful dill, chopped
- small handful mint, chopped
- Cook the orzo following pack instructions. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain again and toss with half the olive oil.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large sauté pan. Add the celery, onion and some seasoning, and cook for 8 mins until soft. Add the garlic, cook for 1 min, then tip in the cherry tomatoes and simmer for 10 mins. Add the spinach, cover with a lid to wilt the leaves, then add the orzo, olives, dill and mint. Season and serve.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 rounded tbsp pine nuts
- 2 rounded tbsp raisins
- 500g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the pine nuts and fry until golden. Add the raisins and fry briefly, then add the spinach leaves and turn in the pan over a fairly high heat until the leaves are just wilted. Sprinkle in the balsamic and seasoning, warm through and serve straight away.
- 250g medium rice noodles
- 85g sundried tomatoes plus 2 tbsp of their oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 25g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), shaved or grated
- large handful basil leaves, torn
- Prepare the noodles according to pack instructions, then drain. Heat the oil, then fry the tomatoes and garlic for 3 mins. Toss the noodles and most of the cheese and basil into the pan, season, then scatter over the remaining cheese and basil.