Spice up lean meatballs with coriander and cumin seeds, then serve on a salad of quinoa, red onions, carrots, pomegranate and parsley
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into thin batons
- 3 red onions 2½ cut into chunky wedges (roots intact) and ½ grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g quinoa
- 2 tsp coriander seed
- 2 tsp cumin seed
- 400g turkey mince
- 25g fresh wholemeal breadcrumb
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
- few dashes of Tabasco sauce
- 1 pomegranate, deseeded over a bowl to catch the juices
- 2 oranges, segmented
- large pack parsley, roughly chopped
MethodTip the carrots and onion wedges into a roasting tin. Toss in 1 tbsp olive oil, season and roast, stirring once, for 30 mins or so until tender.
- 400g turkey breast or fillet, roughly chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 nests medium wheat noodles
- 300g pack mixed peppers stir-fry vegetables
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
- Heat the grill to Medium. Put the turkey in a food processor and pulse until minced. Add the lemongrass, garlic and lime zest, and half the soy sauce, coriander and chilli, then pulse again until combined. Tip the mix into a bowl and add some black pepper. Shape into 8 patties, then transfer to a non-stick baking tray and grill for 3-4 mins each side, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, soak the noodles following pack instructions, then drain and add the vegetables, the remaining soy sauce and the lime juice. Toss well, divide between plates and sprinkle with the remaining coriander and chilli. Serve with the turkey patties and some sweet chilli sauce for dipping, if you like.
- 2 tbsp each chopped dill, parsley and mint
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 500g/1lb 2oz turkey breast fillets
- 2 tbsp white wine or water
- 250g pack bulghar wheat or a mix- we used quinoa and bulghar mix)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 100g pack pomegranate seeds
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix together half the herbs, half the lemon zest and juice, and all the harissa with some seasoning. Rub the turkey in the marinade and leave for 5 mins (or up to 24 hrs in the fridge).
- Lay out a large sheet of foil. Put the turkey and marinade, and wine or water, on top, then cover with another layer of foil, fold and crimp the edges to seal. Transfer the parcel to a tray, then bake for 30 mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the salad. Cook the bulghar following pack instructions. Drain, then mix with the remaining herbs, lemon zest and juice, plus the tomatoes, cucumber and pomegranate seeds. Slice the turkey and serve on top of the salad with the foil parcel juices poured on top.
- 40g quinoa (or 85g pre-cooked quinoa)
- 3 tbsp chopped mint
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 150g pot 0% natural yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- pinch of cumin seeds
- 2 x 150g chunky fillets skinless white fish, such as sustainable cod
- ¼ cucumber, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- good squeeze of lemon juice
- Tip the quinoa (if not pre-cooked) into a pan, cover with water and boil, covered, for 25 mins, checking the water level to make sure it doesn’t boil dry. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, put 2 tbsp each of the mint and coriander in a bowl. Add the yogurt and garlic, and blitz with a hand blender until smooth. Stir 2 tbsp of the herby yogurt with the turmeric and cumin, then add the fish and turn in the mixture to completely coat.
- Turn the grill to High. Arrange the fish in a shallow heatproof dish and grill for 8-10 mins, depending on thickness, until it flakes. Toss the quinoa with the cucumber, onion, tomatoes, lemon juice and remaining herbs. Spoon onto a plate, add the fish and spoon round the mint chutney, or add it at the table.