Packed full of good stuff, this salad is enough for two, plus a lunchbox the next day
- 100g couscous
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce
- 150g pot 2% fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and cut into cubes
- 20g pack dill, roughly chopped
- 20g pack mint, roughly chopped
- small red onion, finely chopped
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g pack cooked beetroot, cut into cubes
- 250g pack peppered smoked mackerel fillets
MethodSet aside for 10 mins.
- 4 French-trimmed lamb cutlets (you can ask your butcher to do this)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 25g pistachio
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, torn
- 2 dill sprigs, roughly torn
- For the dressing, put the pistachios in a frying pan over a low-medium heat, and toss them around until golden and toasted. Roughly chop, then tip them into a bowl with the olive oil and herbs. Season lightly with salt and set aside.
- Rub the lamb with the oil. Bash the chilli and a little salt to a rough powder, then sprinkle over the lamb. Heat a barbecue to hot, or a griddle pan over a high heat, and cook the cutlets for 2 mins on each side for medium, or longer if you prefer your meat well done. Transfer to a serving plate and spoon on the pistachio & herb dressing. Serve with the Courgette & anchovy salad (see related recipes, right).
- 1 tbsp sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium potato, such as Maris Piper or Desirée, cut into cubes
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large orange
- 100g bag watercress
- 2 peppered smoked mackerel fillets, skin removed
- Whisk together the Sherry or wine vinegar, mustard and oil with some seasoning. Boil the potatoes in salted water until easily pierced with a knife, about 10 mins. Toss in a bowl with threequarters of the dressing and onion slices, then leave to cool a little.
- Cut the peel and pith from the orange, then cut into thick slices. Toss the watercress into the salad, then divide between 2 plates and top with the oranges, fish and the remaining dressing.
- 200g couscous - use wholemeal if you can get it
- 3 oranges, 2 peeled and thinly sliced, 1 juiced
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 100g bag watercress, roughly chopped
- 240g pack peppered mackerel fillets, flaked into large chunks
- Pour 250ml boiling water over couscous, cover and leave 10 mins, then fluff up with a fork. Meanwhile, make the dressing. Mix orange juice, vinegar, sugar and oil with some seasoning. Mix through the couscous with remaining ingredients.