Prep Time 15min. Total Time 15min. Servings 6 servings, 2 cups each
Such a simple salad—but so tasty! Baby spinach leaves are tossed with chicken, berries and toasted almonds and then drizzled with poppy seed dressing.
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups mixed fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries and halved strawberries)
- 1/2 cupPLANTERS Sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/4 lb.boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cut into bite-size Pieces
- 1/2 cupKRAFT creamy poppyseed dressing
- 2 apples
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces baby spinach or mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 of a celery root, peeled, and very thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- Core and chop one of the apples. In a large skillet cook chopped apple in 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Transfer to a blender. Add vinegar, maple syrup, sage, kosher salt, and ground black pepper. Cover and blend until smooth. With the blender running, slowly add the remaining olive oil, blending until emulsified (smooth and thickened).
- Core and slice remaining apple. In a large bowl combine the spinach, sliced apple, hazelnuts, and celery root. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Eat your grains! And do it deliciously with recipes like this leafy spinach salad topped with kasha, black beans and feta cheese.
- 1 Egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup wholekasha
- 2 cupswater
- 1 can(15.5 oz.) Black Beans, rinsed
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 pkg.(9 oz.)baby spinach leaves
- 1 pkg.(4 oz.) ATHENOS Traditional crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cupKRAFT Zesty italian dressing
- Mix egg white and kasha until blended.Heat heavy medium nonstick skillet on medium heat.Add kasha mixture; cook and stir 3 min. or until mixture is cooked dry and kasha grains have separated.Stir in water; bring to boil.Cover; simmer on medium-low heat 10 min. or until water is absorbed and kasha is tender.
- Spoon kasha into medium bowl.Add beans and onions; mix lightly.
- Cover platter with spinach; top with kasha mixture, cheese and peppers.Drizzle with dressing.
Can you find a more appealing smart salad option than this Bacon Spinach Salad? Turkey bacon, hard-cooked eggs and mushrooms top this Bacon Spinach Salad.
- 5 cups loosely packed torn spinach leaves
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thin Red Onion wedges
- 4 slices cooked OSCAR MAYER Turkey bacon, chopped
- 2hard-cooked Eggs, chopped
- 1/2cupKRAFT Lite CATALINA dressing
- Combine all ingredients except dressing in large bowl.
- Add dressing just before serving; mix lightly.