Prep 15 m; Ready In 15 m;
"This kaleidoscope of a salad is bursting with color and nutrients! Use organic whenever possible and a balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing."
- 1 bunch fresh spinach - torn, washed and dried
- 1/2 medium head Red Cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
MethodAdd enough salad dressing to coat. Toss, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and salt and pepper if desired.
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp jalapeño peppers from a jar, drained and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- juice 1 lime
- Stir all the ingredients together in a medium bowl with some seasoning then put it into the fridge to chill. You could do this the day before. About 20 mins before you are ready to eat, take the salad out and bring it back to room temperature.
- 5 1/2 pints purchased deli Chicken Salad
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup snipped fresh tarragon or mint
- 50 baked miniature croissants (4-inch or smaller), split
- In a very large bowl stir together the chicken salad and the tarragon or mint. Fill each split croissant with about 1/4 cup chicken salad mixture. Layer filled croissants in a large roasting pan; cover and chill up to 4 hours. To serve, arrange on serving platters. Makes 50 croissants.
- 3 cups arugula, spinach or mescluen
- 1 tomato, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 ounce goat cheese or Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons cHampagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- Arrange greens, tomatoes, goat cheese, and hazelnuts on serving plate.Pass salad dressing.
- In a jar with a screw top lid, combine shallots, oil, champagne vinegar, lemon peel, salt, and ground black pepper. Cover and shake well.Cover and chill leftover dressing for up to two weeks. If oil in dressing sets up, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Makes about 1/2cup.