This small, rice-like pasta is ideal for bulking out nutritious salads. This version is made with roasted vegetables, cheese and basil
- 2 peppers, different colours if you like, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25g orzo pasta
- 25g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped basil
MethodPut the peppers and onion in a roasting tin and drizzle with half the oil. Roast for 20 mins, adding the tomatoes for the final 5 mins. Leave to cool.
- 375g orzo or small pasta shapes
- 250g pea, fresh or frozen
- 250g podded broad bean, fresh or frozen
- 140g half-fat soured cream
- zest 1 lemon, plus 2 tbsp juice
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan, or vegetarian alternative
- small handful basil, torn
- Cook pasta following pack instructions, then drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain again. Cook the peas and beans in another pan of boiling water for 3 mins, before draining and cooling. Peel the beans, if you have time, and stir the vegetables through the pasta.
- Mix the soured cream, lemon juice and Parmesan, and season. Mix through the pasta then, just before serving, scatter with the lemon zest and basil.
- 1kg ripe tomato of various colours, shapes and sizes, at room temperature
- sea salt, to season
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- basil leaves
- Slice the tomatoes and arrange on a platter, then season with sea salt and some pepper. Drizzle over the vinegar and oil, and scatter over the basil.
- 350g orzo
- 15g pack oregano, leaves picked, larges ones roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 250g halloumi, sliced
- 200g plum cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful pitted black olives, chopped
- 140g tub fresh pesto
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the orzo following pack instructions. Meanwhile, mix the chopped oregano in a small bowl with the oil and brush some over the halloumi. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan and cook the halloumi for a few mins each side until golden and soft.
- Drain the cooked orzo and mix with the tomatoes, olives and pesto. Season to taste. Spoon onto a serving plate and top with the halloumi. Drizzle over any remaining oregano oil and scatter over the leaves.