A fresh, speedy couscous recipe for two, topped with pomegranate seeds and roast turkey slices. An ideal store cupboard supper you can plate up in minutes
- 130g pack roast turkey slices
- 80g pack green salad leaves
- 200g tub fresh Moroccan couscous
- 100g tub pomegranate seeds
MethodAdd a drizzle of olive oil and toss well. Divide between two plates, then sprinkle each with the pomegranate seeds. Grind over pepper to serve.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, washed and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat butter In large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and onion, breaking up turkey; cook until onions are softened and turkey is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, spinach, pepper flakes and broth; cook 5 minutes. Add wine and mustard; increase heat to high and cook until reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in mozzarella, salt and pepper. Makes 3 cups.
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth, or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2tablespoons chopped Fresh Mint
- 2tablespoons chopped Fresh Basil
- 1teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring broth and oil to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook peas in a medium saucepan of lightly salted water just until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain.
- Add peas, parsley, mint, basil, lemon zest and pepper to the couscous; toss lightly with a fork. Serve hot.
- 1/3 cup broken walnuts (optional)
- 8 1/2-inch-thick slices country italian bread
- 1/2 cup refrigerated classic Bruschetta topper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 12 ounces sliced cooked peppered Turkey Breast
- 1 cup large spinach leaves
- Olive Oil
- Heat an extra-large skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts; cook and stir about 2 minutes or until toasted. Remove nuts from skillet and set aside.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread one side of each of four of the bread slices with bruschetta topper; spread one side of the other four slices with mayonnaise. Layer nuts, turkey, and spinach on top of the bruschetta-spread slices. Top with other slices, mayonnaise sides down. Brush the outsides of the sandwiches lightly with oil.
- Place the sandwiches in the heated skillet. Place a large skillet on top of sandwiches, weighing down by adding a few cans of food to top skillet. Cook for 2 minutes; remove top skillet. Turn sandwiches; replace skillet and cans. Cook about 2 minutes more or until golden and heated through.