Bursting with juicy prawns and pineapple and crunchy cashew nuts, this Asian-style dinner is speedy and satisfying
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped, or 140g chopped frozen onions
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 140g frozen prawns
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 200g pouch cooked basmati rice
- 227g can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 50g cashew nuts, toasted
- zest and juice ½ lime, the other ½ cut into wedges to serve
MethodTip in the egg and cook for 2-3 mins until the egg is set. Tip the omelette onto a board, cut into 1cm strips and set aside.
A rice and bean salad made with pineapple and Parmesan? Yes, please! Just another reason to love the folks that come up with Healthy Living recipes.
- Red Sofrito
- 3 cupschicken broth
- 1-1/2 cupslong-grain white Rice, uncooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 can(15 oz.) Black Beans, drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 Tbsp.KRAFT Grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cupfresh parsley, chopped
- Cook Red Sofrito in large saucepan 3 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in broth and rice; bring to boil. Cover; simmer on medium-low heat 15 min.
- Top with beans and pineapple.(Do not stir.)Cover; simmer 5 min. or until rice is tender and mixture is heated through. Stir gently.
- Sprinkle with cheese, then parsley.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3scallions, finely chopped
- 2cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 8 ounces Snow Peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked white Rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted cashews
- Combine chicken and 2 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce in a bowl and set aside. Warm 1 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a clean bowl.
- Add scallions, garlic, ginger and remaining vegetable oil to wok and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add snow peas and chicken broth, cover and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in rice, chicken and remaining 2 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce and cook, stirring, until rice is heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle cashews on top and serve immediately.
"Quick and easy."
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup uncooked instant Rice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In a saucepan bring water, salt and soy sauce to a boil.Add rice and stir.Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet or wok over medium heat.Saute onions and green beans for 2 to 3 minutes.Pour in egg and fry for 2 minutes, scrambling egg while it cooks.
- Stir in the cooked rice, mix well and sprinkle with pepper.