Roast pork chops with olives, potatoes, lemon wedges and garlic for a tasty and gluten-free weeknight dinner
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1kg Maris Piper potato, cut into large, even pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, left in their skins
- 2 lemons, 1 zested, both cut into wedges
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 75g pitted black olives
- 4 pork chops
- 100g bag baby spinach
MethodPour the oil into a roasting tin and put in the oven to heat. Put the potatoes, garlic and half the lemon wedges into a large pan. Cover with cold salted water and bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins. Drain the potatoes, discarding the lemon and garlic. Toss the potatoes with the lemon zest, oregano and seasoning, then carefully transfer to the hot oil in the roasting tin and roast for 30 mins.
- 2 potatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 red pepper, halved, deseeded and cut into 8 wedges
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 300ml hot chicken stock
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the potatoes, fennel, pepper, thyme and garlic in a large roasting tin. Mix together the tomato paste and stock, then pour into the pan. Tightly cover with foil and cook for 30 mins. Take out of the oven and increase the temperature to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Remove the foil and place the pork in the roasting tin, nestling in between the veg. Season well and return to the oven for 15-20 mins more or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with the pan juices drizzled over.
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bone-in Pork rib chops, cut 1 inch thick and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh italian parsley
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl combine thyme, brown sugar, pepper, and salt. Sprinkle over both sides of chops; rub in with your fingers.
- In an extra-large ovengoing skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chops; cook 10 minutes or until well browned, turning once. Transfer to oven. Roast 5 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chops registers 145 degrees F. Remove chops from skillet; cover and keep warm. Drain off fat.
- Meanwhile, remove 2 tsp. zest and squeeze 3 Tbsp. juice from lemon. For sauce, in skillet combine 3 Tbsp. of the butter and the capers. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until butter begins to brown. Stir in parsley and lemon zest. Add broth and lemon juice, stirring to scrape up crusty brown bits. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, 6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1 Tbsp. butter. Serve chops with sauce.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless Pork Chops, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick and trimmed
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil or vegetable oil
- 12 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch Pieces (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups grape or Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 recipe cilantro Chimichurri
- In a small bowl combine cumin, salt, thyme, and pepper. Sprinkle chops with half of the spice mixture.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil over medium heat. Add chops; cook 13 to 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chops registers 145 degrees F, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a 10-inch skillet heat remaining 3 Tbsp. oil over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes, onion, and remaining spice mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes; cook 1 minute more or just until tomatoes start to soften.
- Serve sweet potato mixture topped with chops and Cilantro Chimichurri.