A classic combination of pork and mustard with leek bubble and squeak - irresistible!
- 4 pork loin chops
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 1 tbsp thyme, leaves only
- 1kg potatoes, diced
- 50g butter
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
MethodBrush pork chops with mustard, press on thyme leaves and cook for 30 mins or until cooked through and golden.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 1/2-inch thick boneless Pork Chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 small Red Onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 orange, zested and juiced (1/4 cup juice and 1 Tbsp. zest)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups steamed Butternut Squash
- In a large skillet heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil over medium heat. Add walnuts, curry powder, and cayenne. Cook and stir 5 minutes; remove from skillet. Add 1 Tbsp. oil to skillet. Add pork chops red onion. Cook 7 minutes or until pork is done (145 degrees F), turning once. In a small bowl stir together orange zest and juice, soy sauce, honey, and ginger. Add to skillet along with butternut squash. Bring to boiling; heat through. Top with the walnuts.
- 4 Pork Loin rib chops, cut 1 1/4 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch Pieces
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can gluten-free butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 5 ounce package fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shelled fresh English peas or frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Trim fat from chops. In a small bowl combine parsley, tarragon, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle herb mixture evenly over chops; rub in with your fingers.
- In an extra-large oven-going skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chops to skillet; cook about 6 minutes or until browned, turning once. Stir green onions into skillet around chops. Transfer skillet to the oven. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into chops registers 150 degrees F. Remove chops from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- Stir beans, spinach, peas, and lemon juice into green onions in skillet. Cook and stir until beans are heated through and peas are tender. Serve chops with vegetable mixture and lemon wedges.
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bone-in Pork rib chops, cut 1 inch thick and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh italian parsley
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl combine thyme, brown sugar, pepper, and salt. Sprinkle over both sides of chops; rub in with your fingers.
- In an extra-large ovengoing skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chops; cook 10 minutes or until well browned, turning once. Transfer to oven. Roast 5 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chops registers 145 degrees F. Remove chops from skillet; cover and keep warm. Drain off fat.
- Meanwhile, remove 2 tsp. zest and squeeze 3 Tbsp. juice from lemon. For sauce, in skillet combine 3 Tbsp. of the butter and the capers. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until butter begins to brown. Stir in parsley and lemon zest. Add broth and lemon juice, stirring to scrape up crusty brown bits. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, 6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1 Tbsp. butter. Serve chops with sauce.