These pastries will be a hit with everyone. Make them vegetarian by leaving out the pepperoni and adding a pinch of chilli flakes for a similar spicy kick
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 400g can plum tomatoes, drained and crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 x 320g sheets ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 250g grated mozzarella
- 80g pepperoni, chopped
- 160g pack stuffed green olives, halved
- 1 egg, beaten
MethodHeat the oil in a saucepan, add the garlic and oregano, and cook for 1 min until fragrant. Stir in the tomatoes and tomato purée, and cook over a high heat for about 5 mins until thickened.
- 8 ounces bulk hot or mild italian sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 8 ounce package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 2 13.8 ounce package refrigerated Pizza dough (2 crusts)
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Finely shredded or grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pizza Sauce, warmed (optional)
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms until sausage is brown, breaking up sausage with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain off fat; cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and the 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Stir in sausage mixture.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease two large baking sheets; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, unroll each package of pizza dough. If necessary, gently stretch each dough piece into a 12x9-inch rectangle. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle into twelve 3-inch squares. Place about 1 tablespoon of the sausage-cheese mixture in the center of each square. Fold dough over sausage-cheese mixture, forming triangles. Press the triangle edges with the tines of a fork to seal. Place the triangle pockets on the prepared baking sheets. Prick each top a few times with the fork tines.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg and water. Brush tops of pockets with egg mixture, and if desired, sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Bake about 12 minutes or until pockets are golden. Serve warm. If desired, serve with pizza sauce. Makes 24 pockets.
- 1 recipe Pizza dough or 1 pound ball purchased Pizza Dough
- 1 1/2 cups mascarpone
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Bean paste or pure vanilla extract
- 4 medium green apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Purchased caramel sauce
- Pinch flaked sea salt
- Powdered sugar, for finishing
- Preheat oven with pizza stone to 500 degrees F (or tap "Cook's Tip" with Pizza Dough recipe.
- For crusts, evenly divide dough in two pieces. Thinly stretch each piece and dust with flour. Bake crusts 6 to 8 minutes or until firm with no browning. Let crusts stand to cool.
- In a small bowl mix mascarpone with powdered sugar and vanilla paste. Divide between two crusts; smearing evenly to edges.
- Core and finely slice apples. Place slices in large bowl. Sprinkle slices with lemon juice; toss to coat.
- For Streusel Topping, in a medium bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Evenly spread apples then topping on cheese layer.Bake each pizza for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Combine caramel sauce with a pinch of sea salt. Remove pizzas from oven. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Generously sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 2 pizzas (about 16 servings).
- 1 pound purchased Pizza dough
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (3 1/2 cups)
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Green Olives
- basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a very large baking sheet. Roll dough to a 15x10-inch rectangle. Place dough on prepared baking sheet; reshape dough as needed. Prick all over with a fork and brush dough with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Grease a large baking pan; set aside. In a small bowl combine the panko, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and salt. In a large bowl toss cauliflower with eggs; add panko mixture and toss to coat. Spread cauliflower mixture evenly on prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and tender, turning pieces once.
- Top baked pizza dough with marinara, mozzarella, and cauliflower. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes more or until heated through. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Top with olives and basil. Serve immediately.