Turn any gathering into a special occasion with these glamorous cupcakes for grown-ups
- 100g pistachios
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 140g butter, very soft
- 2 eggs
- 140g self-raising flour
- 5 tbsp milk
- edible glitter, to decorate
- 250g icing sugar, sifted
- mint green food colouring
MethodPut 85g pistachios into a food processor with about half the sugar, then whizz until very finely chopped. Tip into a large mixing bowl with the remaining sugar, butter, eggs, flour and milk and beat until smooth. Divide between cases, then bake on a low shelf for 22-25 mins until a skewer poked in comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
"My daughter made these when she was in Brownies. These were quite a hit with the girls. You can use a lemon icing, green buttercream icing, or a peanut butter icing--or a combination of all."
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream butter and sugar together well in mixing bowl. Beat in eggs 1 at a time.Mix in vanilla.Measure flour, baking powder and salt into small bowl.Stir.Add milk to butter mixture in 2 parts alternately with flour mixture in 3 parts, beginning and ending with flour.
- Fill cones about 3/4 full leaving the batter 1/2 inch from top.Place filled cones on a baking tray.Bake in oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
"These come out very well, and are great with strawberries on top.Pretty too."
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper bake cups.
- Prepare batter as directed on the box.Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until done.
"Quick and Easy recipe. A hit with those who like cheese cake. Top with your favorite pie filling."
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 2 (12 cup) muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar. Mix until soft. Add eggs and combine. Add vanilla.
- Distribute evenly into 2 (12 cup) lined muffin tins and bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 35 minutes.
- When done, the centers will fall in a bit while cooling. When cool, fill depressions with 2 to 3 tablespoons of your favorite fruit pie filling. Store in the refrigerator.