This easy cake is perfect for afternoon tea with friends
- 3 ripe peaches, skinned, halved and stoned
- 5 tbsp peach conserve
- 100g fresh redcurrants
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 175g butter, softened
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp milk
- 170ml pot soured cream
MethodArrange the peaches, cut side up, in the base if the tin, then randomly spoon in the peach conserve and scatter over the redcurrants.
Feeding a crowd is easy—when you know what they like! And you can be sure they'll like these cheesy mashed potatoes with sour cream and fresh chives.
- 3 lb.Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cupBREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped freshchives
- 4 Tbsp.butter, diced
- 1 cupKRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Boil potatoes for 20 minutes, until fork tender. Strain water and add to the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add sour cream, chives, butter and cheese.
- Whisk on medium speed for one minute, until smooth and creamy.
- Optionally, top with extra chives in a serving dish.
Here's a tangy twist on the ol' peaches-and-cream thing. This one's made with freshly grilled peaches, a cinnamon-sour cream sauce and a touch of honey.
- 1/2 cupBREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN light Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp.brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp.ground cinnamon
- 4fresh peaches (1 lb.), cut in half, pitted
- 2 Tbsp.honey
- Heat greased grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix sour cream, sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush cut sides of peaches with honey.Grill 6 to 8 min. or until softened, turning occasionally.
- Serve topped with sour cream mixture.
Prepare our 5-Minute Bacon, Cheddar & Sour Cream Dip with just 4 ingredients. This creamy, cheesy and smoky sour cream dip is an easy-to-make winner.
- 1 pkg. (2.1 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Fully Cooked bacon
- 1 container (16 oz.) BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN light Sour Cream
- 1 cupKRAFT 2% milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Warm bacon in microwave as directed on package; chop into 1/2-inch pieces.Place in medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.