This cake is a cross between a carrot and a banana cake, with pineapple thrown in for juicy sweetness - a lovely light dessert or teatime treat
- 227g can pineapple pieces, in juice
- 50g sultanas
- 175ml sunflower oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut yogurt (we used Rachel’s)
- 200g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 200g soft light brown sugar
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- 100g carrot, grated (roughly 1 carrot)
- 1 overripe banana, mashed
- 200g cream cheese
- 50g coconut yogurt
- 50g icing sugar
- dried sliced coconut shavings, to serve (optional)
MethodHeat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 900g loaf tin with a strip of baking parchment.
We believe cream cheese frosting makes any dessert about a thousand times more scrumptious. Feel free to test our theory with these chocolate cupcakes.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant pudding
- 1/4 cupmilk
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cupbutter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp.vanilla
- 2 cupspowdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp.colored sugar
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Add dry pudding mix and milk; beat 2 min.Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.Cool in pans 10 min.Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended.Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Pipe cream cheese mixture onto cupcakes.Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- 2-1/2 cupsall-purpose flour
- 2 tsp.ground ginger
- 1 tsp.baking soda
- 1 tsp.ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp.ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1/2 cupunsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cuplight brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 molasses
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cupbutter, softened
- 8 oz. ( philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp.ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp.vanilla
- 1/2 cuppowdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place a cupcake liner into each of the 12 cupcake or muffins wells; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and all-spice together; set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and molasses until just combined.
- Fold in the flour mixture alternating with the hot water in 2 parts. Note: Batter will be thick.
- Using an ice cream scoop for even measure, scoop 1 mound of batter into each of the lined cupcake wells.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool over a wire rack to room temperature before frosting.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat all frosting ingredients—butter, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and confectioners’ sugar—until smooth.
- In a new piping bag, fill frosting about half full. Twist the open end closed to prevent backflow, and cut the tip of the plastic to create a hole, about ½ inch in diameter.
- Using your dominant hand with the cupcake on the counter, angle the piping bag vertically. Gently squeeze the back of the bag to push frosting onto the cupcake. Continue pushing frosting through until a large “cloud” begins to form. Before releasing the bag away from the frosting, repeat again, this time pushing less frosting through. Lift and release to create a peak.
- Sprinkle cinnamon if desired. ENJOY!
Two of our favorite scrumptious things come together in this must-try treat: moist butterscotch cupcakes and luscious cream cheese frosting.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O butterscotch Flavor Instant pudding
- 1 cupwater
- 4 Egg whites
- 2 Tbsp.oil
- 1 pkg.(8 oz.) philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4cupbutter, softened
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp.pink colored sugar
- 24fresh blackberries
- Beat first 5 ingredients in bowl with mixer until blended. (Batter will be thick.) Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake 21 to 24 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar in bowl with mixer until blended. Spread over cupcakes.Sprinkle with colored sugar; top with berries.