Prep Time 10min. Total Time 1hr. 20min. Servings 8 servings
A zesty lime vinaigrette gives this savory roasted chicken its fantastic citrusy aroma. (But the onions and garlic help it smell good too!)
- 1-1/2 lb.Yukon gold potatoes (about 6)
- 2 Red Peppers, quartered
- 3/4 cupKRAFT Zesty lime Vinaigrette Dressing
- 3 clovesgarlic, minced
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (4 lb.), cut up
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2Tbsp.fresh cilantro
- 1 aubergine, cut into chunky pieces
- 2 courgettes, sliced into half-moons
- 3 mixed peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary, plus 4 small sprigs
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 250g cherry or baby plum tomato, halved
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a large roasting tin, toss together the aubergine, courgettes and peppers with half the chopped rosemary, half the garlic, 2 tbsp oil and some seasoning. Spread out the vegetables in an even layer, then roast in the oven for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining rosemary, garlic and oil together. Slash each of the chicken breasts 4-5 times with a sharp knife, brush over the flavoured oil, season and chill for 15 mins.
- After veg have cooked for 20 mins, stir in the tomatoes. Make spaces in the roasting tin and nestle the chicken breasts amongst the vegetables. Place a rosemary sprig on top of each chicken breast. Return the tin to the oven for 18-20 mins, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are lightly caramelised. Serve with some new potatoes, if you like.
- 1 2 pound deli-Roasted Chicken
- 1 15 ounce can unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup lime juice (2 medium limes)
- 3 medium carrots, thinly-sliced diagonally (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons thai seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Thai seasoning blend (optional)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Remove and discard skin and bones from chicken. Shred chicken. In large saucepan combine shredded chicken with coconut milk, water, lime juice, sliced carrots, soy sauce, the 2 teaspoons Thai seasoning and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- To serve, sprinkle bowls of soup with additional Thai seasoning and cilantro. Pass lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen Egg product, thawed, or 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 pounds meaty Chicken Pieces, skinned (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Snipped fresh oregano (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Grease two large shallow baking pans; set aside. In a small bowl, combine egg product and milk. In a shallow dish, combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, paprika, and pepper.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg product mixture; coat with crumb mixture. Arrange chicken pieces in prepared baking pans, making sure pieces dont touch. Drizzle chicken pieces with melted butter.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170 degree F for breasts; 180 degreesdegree F for thighs and drumsticks). Do not turn chicken pieces during baking. Immediately transfer chicken to a covered container; serve within 1 hour. (Or cover and chill chicken; transport in an insulated container with ice packs.) If desired, sprinkle with fresh oregano. Makes 12 servings.