- 1 beaten egg
- 3tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -2 1/2 pounds meaty chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, and drumsticks)
- 2tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
MethodCombine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, paprika, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Snipped fresh oregano (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two large shallow baking pans with foil and grease; set aside. In a small bowl combine egg product and milk. In a shallow dish combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, paprika, and pepper.
- Dip chicken drumsticks into egg mixture; coat with crumb mixture. Arrange drumsticks in prepared baking pans, making sure pieces do not touch. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (180 degrees F for drumsticks). Do not turn chicken pieces during baking. If desired, sprinkle with fresh oregano and serve with lemon wedges.
- 1 1/4 cups corn flake crumbs
- 2 - 3 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs, about 4 pounds total
- Heat oven to 375 degrees . Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- In a pie dish or shallow bowl, whisk together the corn flake crumbs, chili powder, cumin and garlic salt. Pour evaporated milk into a second pie dish.
- Dip a chicken thigh into the milk and shake off excess. Roll it around in the corn flake crumbs until completely coated. Shake off excess. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake chicken at 375 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden and crispy and internal temperature registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. May be served warm or at room temperature.
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 cups crushed cornflakes or finely crushed rich round crackers (about 35)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 1/2 - 3 pounds meaty Chicken Pieces (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks)
- In a small bowl combine egg and milk. For coating, in a shallow dish combine crushed cornflakes, thyme, paprika, salt, pepper; stir in melted butter. Set aside. Skin chicken. Dip chicken pieces, 1 at a time, into egg mixture; coat with crumb mixture.
- In a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan, arrange chicken, bone side down, so the pieces aren't touching. Sprinkle chicken pieces with any remaining crumb mixture so they are generously coated.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F for breasts; 180 degrees F for thighs and drumsticks). Do not turn chicken pieces while baking. Makes 6 servings.