Prep Time 25min. Total Time 3hr. 25min. Servings 16 servings
Please everyone around the table with this tasty Oven BBQ Brisket recipe. This Healthy Living recipe is simple, too— it only takes 25 minutes to prep.
- 1 Beef Brisket (4 lb.)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1 cupKRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
- 2lb.red potatoes (about 6), cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 lb.carrots, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 13 - 4 - pound boneless beef brisket
- 2 mediumonions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 bay leaf
- 112 - ounce canbeer
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2tablespoons packed brown sugar*
- 1 clovegarlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 2tablespoons cold water
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In cooker combine onions and bay leaf; add meat. In a medium bowl combine beer, chili sauce, brown sugar, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer meat and onion to a serving platter. Slice meat across the grain; cover and keep warm. Discard bay leaf.
- For sauce, pour enough of the cooking liquid into a 4-cup glass measuring cup to equal 2 1/2 cups; skim off fat. Discard the remaining cooking liquid. In a medium saucepan combine cornstarch and the cold water; stir in the 2 1/2 cups cooking liquid. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Serve meat and onions with sauce.
- 12 pound beef brisket or chuck roast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 116 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 115 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 115 ounce can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Coat slow-cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add brisket, onion and garlic. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, chili, mustard and cumin. Stir into beef and onions. Cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours.
- Stir in beans and cook for 30 minutes. Serve with rice. Garnish with scallion and, if desired, lime wedges.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pounds Beef Brisket (2 Pieces), trimmed of fat
- Sandwich buns
- Combine all ingredients except meat in large measuring cup. Pour 1/3 of sauce into slow cooker, add 1 piece of meat; pour in another 1/3 of sauce; add second piece of meat, and pour in remaining sauce. Cover, set heat to low, and cook 10 hours.
- Transfer meat to cutting board. Using a large knife, chop meat. Skim fat from sauce and discard. Add chopped meat to sauce; serve on buns with coleslaw. Freeze leftovers for future meals.