Prep 15 m; Ready In 5 h 15 m;
"This easy-to-do salad is a tangy and healthy way to add fresh spinach and beets to your diet."
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup White Wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chardonnay wine
- 2 tablespoons white sugar (optional)
MethodPlace the beets and onions in a small, sealable container. Pour the vinegar mixture over the beets and onions to completely cover. Seal top; marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours.
- 6 small beets
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup plain greek-style yogurt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 6 cups arugula
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place beets in a shallow baking pan. Cover with foil. Roast 40 to 45 minutes or until tender. Uncover. Let beets cool for 15 minutes. Remove skins and slice beets into 1/4-inch coins.
- For dressing, place all the ingredients in a container or jar with a lid and shake until well combined.
- Divide the arugula among small individual plates and arrange the beets atop the greens. Dollop with goat cheese, then serve the dressing on the side in individual portions.
- 4 cups halved small yellow beets (about 8)
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 cups Fresh Basil leaves
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onon, sliced
- 1 6 ounce carton plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf italian parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Cook beets in lightly salted boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Slip skins from beets. Slice or cut into wedges.
- Finely shred the peel of the lemon. Juice the lemon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine with blueberries, arugula, half of the basil leaves, torn, and the reserved lemon juice. Add fennel, onion, and remaining basil leaves. Toss gently to combine.
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, honey, parsley, crushed red pepper, and reserved lemon peel. Whisk in olive oil. Toss dressing with beet mixture.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon White Wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds jicama, peeled and cut into 2x1/8-inch strips
- 2 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- For vinaigrette, in a blender combine first six ingredients (through pepper). Cover and blend until smooth. With blender running, slowly add both oils in a steady stream until thickened.
- In a large bowl combine oranges and jicama. Add 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette; toss to coat. Arrange endive and orange mixture on salad plates. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette and sprinkle with chives.