Prep 20 m; Ready In 50 m;
"This colorful 7-layer salad has made numerous appearances at our family gatherings over the years. My Nana has no shortage of delicious recipes from appetizers to desserts that she has passed down to me since I began cooking. This salad is not only yummy, but it's so quick and easy to prepare and definitely one of my all-time favorites!"
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2 large roma (plum) tomatoes, or more to taste, chopped
Recipe TipCook's Notes:
Concentrate the ingredients of each layer at the perimeter of the serving bowl to create a colorful and eye-catching salad. Fill any remaining space in the middle of each layer with more lettuce.
You can save time by using packaged crumbled bacon pieces instead of cooking your own.
Grilling caramelizes the natural sugars in mango and pineapple—putting the sweet in this sweet and savory salad.
- 1/2 of a medium pineapple, cored, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium mango, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 cups torn Salad Greens
- 1 cupjicama sticks (2 inch)
- 1 cupCherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cupKRAFT balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Preheat greased grill to medium-high heat.Grill fruit 3 min. on each side or until lightly browned on both sides.
- Cut grilled fruit into 2-inch sticks; place in large salad bowl.
- Add greens, jicama and tomatoes; toss lightly.Drizzle with dressing just before serving.
Just you at the table? Quiet time can be delicious time, too—when you're savoring this tasty bistro-style salad for one.
- 1 cup torn mixed Salad Greens
- 1/3 cup matchlike zucchini sticks
- 1 Tbsp.ATHENOS Traditional crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. halved pitted Black Olives
- 1 Tbsp. slivered red onions
- 3sprigs italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp.KRAFT balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 zucchini flowers
- Toss greens with zucchini, cheese, olives, onions and parsley in small salad bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing just before serving; top with the flowers.
This better-for-you version of a potluck fave has fewer calories and less fat than the original salad, but all seven layers of flavor are still there!
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) baby spinach leaves
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen peas, thawed, drained
- 3/4 cupKRAFT mayo with Olive Oil Reduced Fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cupKRAFT 2% milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 slices cooked OSCAR MAYER Turkey bacon, chopped
- Layer first 4 ingredients in clear glass bowl.
- Spread mayo evenly over salad, sealing to edge of bowl; sprinkle with cheese. Top with bacon.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.Toss just before serving.