Prep 5 m; Cook 5 m; Ready In 10 m;
"A yummy, easy salad with candied walnuts, cranberries, Gorgonzola cheese, mixed greens, and a raspberry vinaigrette. It's always a big hit and is requested by my friends and family constantly! Even my picky fiance!"
MethodRemove walnuts from skillet, and spread them out on a sheet of aluminum foil to cool.
- 1 2/3 cups Wild Rice
- 3 1/3 cups water
- 1 6 1/4 ounce package chicken-flavored Rice pilaf
- 4 1/2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 8 ounces fresh pea pods, trimmed, strings removed, and pods cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 cup bottled lemon-pepper Salad Dressing or vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup bottled french Salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 bunches green onions (about 10 total), cut into thin strips*
- Fresh pea pods (optional)
- Rinse wild rice well. Bring the water to boiling in a large saucepan. Add wild rice. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 40 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed and rice is tender. Drain, if necessary.
- Meanwhile, cook rice pilaf according to the package directions.
- Combine the wild rice, rice pilaf, chicken, sweet pepper, and pea pods strips in a large bowl.
- Stir together salad dressings and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour over rice mixture. Stir gently to mix. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, arrange green onions around edges of6 to 8 chilled salad plates. Spoon rice mixture into center. Garnish each plate with additional pea pods, if desired. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 2 limes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped*
- 4 ripe Fuyu persimmons, see below**
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, see below***
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Cilantro sprigs
- Squeeze juice from limes into large bowl. Add jalapeno Let stand 2 minutes. Meanwhile, trim and discard top and bottoms from persimmons. Thinly slice persimmons. Toss persimmons, pomegranate seeds, pine nuts, olive oil, and cilantro in lime juice. Season to taste with salt. Let stand 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Top with cilantro sprigs. Serve immediately.
Fresh spinach, apples and red onions combine with crumbled feta cheese and crunchy walnuts for a flavor-packed salad that's sure to please.
- 6 cupsbaby spinach leaves
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cupATHENOS Traditional crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped PLANTERS walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cupKRAFT Classic Caesar Dressing
- Combine ingredients.
- Serve immediately.