Use tortilla wraps and a muffin tin to make individually portioned egg, salami and tomato bites - ideal for lunch boxes or picnics
- 2 large tortilla wraps
- 4 eggs
- chopped vegetables (optional)
- 6 slices salami
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved, plus extra to serve
- handful basil leaves
- vegetable sticks, to serve
MethodUsing a 12cm cutter (or a small plate) cut circles from the large tortilla wraps – you should get 6. Use the circles to line 6 holes of a muffin tin, pushing them into the holes to make cases.
- 1/2100% whole wheat sandwich thin
- 1tablespoon canned pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup sliced roma tomato
- 2tablespoons shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread sandwich thin half with pizza sauce. Arrange zucchini and tomato slices on top of sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through and cheese starts to melt.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 4 ounce (6 strips) turkey bacon
- 9 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees . Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add broccoli. Cook 3 minutes; drain. Roughly chop and cool slightly. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon until slightly crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Dice and set aside to cool.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk. Stir in cheese, salt, pepper, broccoli and bacon.
- Coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with . Ladle mixture among cups. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Cool slightly. Remove quiches with a small offset spatula. Cool completely and refrigerate.
- To serve: Wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 30 to 45 seconds, until warm.
- 8ounces Turkey breakfast sausage, removed from casing and crumbled into small Pieces
- 1teaspoon extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 8ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 5 Eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1cup 1% milk
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 325 degrees F. Coat a nonstick muffin tin generously with cooking spray (see Tip).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Add oil to the pan. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to the bowl with the sausage. Let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in scallions, cheese and pepper.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each cup.
- Bake until the tops are just beginning to brown, 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the quiches out onto the rack. Turn upright and let cool completely.
- Tips:A good-quality nonstick muffin tin works best for this recipe. If you don't have one, line a regular muffin tin with foil baking cups.
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: Individually wrap in plastic and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, remove plastic, wrap in a paper towel and microwave on High for 30 to 60 seconds.