This recipe has all the elements of comfort food; beef and pork meatballs with an oozing cheesy filling, a rich tomato sauce and pasta
- 300g pork mince
- 400g beef mince (with around 10% fat)
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 200g tallegio or mozzarella, chopped into small chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 50ml red wine
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 500ml passata
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- 400g macaroni or other pasta shape
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
MethodMix the pork and beef mince with the fennel seeds, chilli, 1 tsp oregano and some seasoning in a large bowl until combined. Divide and shape into 18 meatballs with a nugget or two of taleggio in the middle (save some for the top), then chill for 10 mins.
Combining a few classic ingredients—including sour cream and shredded Cheddar—makes this Cheesy Meatball Skillet a saucy dish to remember.
- 1 lb.lean Ground Beef
- 10 saltine crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cupKRAFT Zesty italian dressing, divided
- 1 Beef bouillon cube, dissolved in 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cupBREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 cupKRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Mix meat, cracker crumbs and 2 Tbsp. of the dressing until blended.Shape into 32 (1-inch) balls.
- Heat remaining dressing in nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.Add meatballs; cook 8 min. or until browned, turning occasionally.Add bouillon; simmer 5 min. or until meatballs are cooked through (160°F).
- Stir in sour cream; cook 30 sec. or until heated through but not simmering, stirring frequently.Remove from heat.Sprinkle with cheese; cover.Remove from heat; let stand 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
This dish starts out as mac and cheese. But add some hard-cooked eggs, mayo and chopped veggies and—voila!—it's one fabulous macaroni salad.
- 1 pkg. (7-1/4 oz.) KRAFT macaroni & cheese dinner
- 1/2 cupKRAFT mayo Homestyle Real mayonnaise
- 3hard-cooked Eggs, chopped
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- 2 stalkscelery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Cook Macaroni as directed on package.Meanwhile, mix Cheese Sauce Mix and mayo in large microwaveable bowl until blended.Microwave on HIGH 20 sec.; stir.
- Rinse macaroni; drain well.Add to mayo mixture; stir to evenly coat.
- Add remaining ingredients. Refrigerate 1 hour.
You can make this rich, creamy KRAFT Home-Style Macaroni & Cheese Chicken Primavera with just 3 ingredients in 25 minutes. Read on to find out how…
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) KRAFT Deluxe Four Cheese Macaroni & cheese dinner
- 2 cupsfrozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) OSCAR MAYER CARVING BOARD Flame Grilled chicken Breast Strips
- Prepare Dinner in large saucepan as directed on package, adding vegetables to the boiling water for the last 3 min. of the Macaroni cooking time.
- Add chicken; cook and stir 1 min. or until heated through.