Prep Time 5min. Total Time 5min. Servings 1 serving
Hang ten with this Luau Sandwich with Hawaiian Bread. Honey ham, pineapple, onion and Hawaiian bread make this luau sandwich a delicious island dish.
- 1 slicehawaiian sliced bread, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp.KRAFT Real mayo mayonnaise
- 1 KRAFT Big Slice Swiss Cheese Slice
- 5 slicesOSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh honey Ham
- 2 tsp.choppedfresh cilantro
- 2drained cannedpineapple slices
- 2thinRed Onion slices
- 25g unsalted butter, melted
- zest ½ lemon
- 160g pack smoked mackerel (split fillets), skinned
- 1 spring onion, roughly chopped
- 15g unsalted butter, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp hot horseradish sauce, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus a few leaves
- French bread, to serve
- Tip the melted butter, lemon zest, mackerel and spring onion into a food processor and blend until smooth. Spoon into a ramekin and smooth the top.
- For the topping, melt the 15g butter with the horseradish, then stir in the parsley. Carefully spoon over the pâté to cover it. Press some parsley leaves on top, grind over some black pepper and chill to set the butter. Serve the ramekin of pâté with French bread, butter and extra horseradish sauce.
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 pitted olives, any colour
- 3 capers
- pinch thyme leaves
- 175g rump steak, trimmed of any fat
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ ciabatta loaf
- 2 little gem lettuces leaves
- Put the butter in a small bowl and season with pepper. Finely chop the olives, capers and thyme leaves and stir into the butter. Chill until ready to use.
- Heat a griddle pan or barbecue until smoking. Brush the steak with a little of the oil and lay on. Cook for 3-4 mins each side, then transfer to a board and cover with foil to rest.
- Cut the ciabatta loaf in half, brush the cut side with remaining oil and place cut-side down on the griddle pan for 1-2 mins, until charred. Place the steak on the bottom half of the loaf and spoon the butter over it. Add the lettuce leaves and sit the top of the loaf on.
- 2 long slices rye bread
- 4 tbsp soft cheese
- 2 fillets hot smoked peppered mackerel (about 150g/5½oz), skinned and flaked
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp small caper
- 1 lemon, ½ juiced, ½ wedges
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- small bunch chives, snipped
- Toast the bread until crisp, then spread over the soft cheese. Divide the smoked mackerel between the toasts.
- In a small bowl, mix the fennel, onion, capers, lemon juice, oil, chives and some seasoning. Spoon over the fish toasts, with lemon wedges for squeezing over.