Prep 10 m; Cook 10 m; Ready In 20 m;
"This is a quick dish that's great for summer. I came up with it on a Thursday after school when Mom asked me to get dinner ready before she got home. Nice and light."
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into thin strips
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
MethodStir in the lime juice.Allow to sit for a few minutes to marinate.
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup finely shredded asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 32 ounce carton reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- In a medium bowl combine spinach, eggs, ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup of the flour, the Asiago cheese and lemon peel; set aside (dough will be soft).
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven, combine broth and thyme leaves. Bring to boiling.
- In a shallow dish place the remaining 1/4 cup flour. Use teaspoons to scoop a portion of the dough into the flour. Use your fingers to gently roll dough in the flour to coat, forming an oval shape. Drop the coated dough pieces into the broth, 1/4 at a time. Stir gently once or twice to keep dumplings from sticking together. Simmer until dumplings float (1 to 1 1/2 minutes). Remove dumplings from Dutch oven with a slotted spoon; repeat with remaining dough. Return all dumplings to the Dutch oven. Stir in chicken, heat through. Serve.
- 1 2 1/2 pound deli-roasted whole chicken
- 3 oranges
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 small red and/or green apples, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 5 ounce bag sweet baby lettuces
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- Remove chicken from bones. Tear chicken in bite-size chunks. Set aside.
- Squeeze juice from one orange. Stir enough juice into the mayonnaise to make dressing consistency. Season with black pepper. Peel and section remaining oranges.
- On salad plates arrange greens, chicken, apples, and oranges. Sprinkle pecan halves. Pass dressing. Serves 4.
Make a delicious noodle stir-fry recipe for your family. Our Chicken and Veggie Noodle Stir-Fry Recipe features tender chicken and Asian-style dressing.
- 1/2 lb.wide lo mein Noodles, uncooked
- 2 tsp.oil
- 1 lb.boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size Pieces
- 1 Red Pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cupsliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 stalkcelery, chopped
- 1/3 cupKRAFT asian toasted Sesame Dressing
- 2 Tbsp.lite soy sauce
- 1 cupfresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup chopped Swiss Chard
- 1/2 cuprinsed canned Black Beans
- 1/4 cupFresh Basil leaves
- 1 clovegarlic, minced
- Cook noodles as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4 min. or until no longer pink.Add peppers, mushrooms and celery; cook and stir 3 min. or until chicken is done and peppers are crisp-tender.Stir in combined dressing and soy sauce.Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir 3 min. or until heated through.
- Drain noodles.Serve topped with chicken mixture.