A simple healthy side of brown rice served with ginger, garlic, spring onions, soy sauce and soya beans
- 250g brown rice
- 175g frozen soya bean
- 1 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
MethodMeanwhile, mix together the soy sauce, olive oil, ginger and garlic.
- 300g sushi rice
- 200g frozen soya beans
- 150ml teriyaki sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 4 smoked mackerel fillets, skin removed
- 4 spring onions, halved and shredded lengthways
- wasabi paste, to serve (optional)
- Cook the rice following pack instructions, adding the soya beans to the pan for the final 3 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix together the teriyaki sauce, garlic, lemon zest and juice. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Brush a little of the teriyaki sauce mixture over the mackerel and sear the fillets, skin-side down, for 1-2 mins. Turn the fish over and add the teriyaki sauce mixture to the pan, bring to a bubble and cook the sauce for 1-2 mins more. The fish will warm through and the sauce will thicken.
- Spoon the rice into bowls, then top each bowl with a mackerel fillet. Spoon over the sauce and sprinkle over the spring onions. Serve with a blob of wasabi paste, if you like.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 16 ounce package peeled Baby Carrots, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 medium leeks, halved lengthwise, rinsed, drained, and white parts thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 8 ounce package reduced-fat Cream Cheese, cut up and softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 8.8 ounces microwavable pouch cooked Brown Rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 2 pound purchased Roasted Chicken, skin removed
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add carrots, leeks, and garlic; cook 6 minutes or until tender. Place milk and flour in a screw-top jar; shake until combined. Add milk and chicken broth to skillet; cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted. Stir in lemon juice and lemon peel. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon rice into a 2-quart baking dish; break up any clumps. Pour cream cheese mixture over rice. Pull meat into large chunks. Arrange over rice mixture, gently pressing pieces in. In a small microwave-safe bowl melt butter in the microwave, about 30 seconds. Add panko; stir to coat. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and lemon peel.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 bunch green onions (about 7), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chinese five-spice powder
- 2 10 ounce packages frozen cooked Brown Rice, prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup cubed cooked Pork Tenderloin, chicken breast, or Ham
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet heat the 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add eggs; cook, stirring gently, until set. Remove cooked egg; cool slightly. Cut egg into strips.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet heat the 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions, ginger, garlic, and five-spice powder; cook and stir about 45 seconds or until mixture is very fragrant, .
- Add brown rice, pork, and peas and carrots. Cook about 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Drizzle with soy sauce, stirring to coat evenly. Gently stir in egg strips; cook and stir for 1 minute more.