Serve these easy-to-prepare paneer skewers with naan bread, rice and mango chutney for a Indian-inspired dinner
- 4 courgettes
- 2 x 225g blocks paneer, each cut into 16 cubes
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and chopped into large chunks
- 1 small red onion, chopped into large chunks
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
- cooked rice or naan and mango chutney, to serve
MethodUsing a peeler (a swivel peeler works well), thinly slice the remaining 2 lengthways.
- 500g pack lean minced lamb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp curry paste (we used korma)
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 150ml pot fat-free yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 120g bag herb salad
- 2 Indian-style breads, such as naan bread
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. In a medium bowl, combine the lamb, onion, curry paste and most of the coriander with some seasoning. Press 2-3 tbsp of the lamb around skewers to form kebabs and transfer to a baking tray.
- Cook for 15-20 mins until cooked through. Mix yogurt, mint and garlic. Warm breads following pack instructions and serve with leaves, remaining coriander, skewers and yogurt.
- 600g paneer cheese (see Tip below)
- juice 2 lemons
- 2 tsp ground cumin, plus extra for sprinkling
- 75g gram flour (see Tip below)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 284ml tub double cream
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 peppers, red and yellow, roughly chopped
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 25g butter, melted
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Soak 12-15 bamboo skewers in water for 15 mins – this helps to stop them from burning under the grill. Cut the paneer cheese into 3cm cubes and toss with the lemon juice and ground cumin. Set aside for 30 mins.
- Sieve the gram flour, garam masala and paprika into a bowl and add the cream, garlic and chopped chillies plus enough water to make a thick batter, then stir until smooth. Drain the paneer and add to the batter with 2 tbsp of the cumin-spiced lemon juice. Coat all the paneer cubes in batter.
- Heat grill to its hottest setting and line the grill pan with foil. Thread the paneer onto skewers, alternating it with chunks of pepper and courgette. Drizzle with batter from the bowl and cook for 4-5 mins on each side, spooning over more batter when you turn them. Grill until charred at the edges. Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with the ground cumin, and serve immediately, accompanied with lemon wedges.
- 150g pot natural yogurt
- 3 tbsp tandoori paste
- 4 limes, 3 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
- 2 x 225g blocks paneer, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 small red onions, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 mango, cut into small dice
- 1 avocado, cut into small dice
- small pack mint, chopped
- 2 x 250g pouches cooked basmati rice, to serve (optional)
- 1 red pepper, cut into 3cm pieces
- Heat grill to high. Mix the yogurt in a medium bowl with the tandoori paste, 1 tbsp lime juice and some seasoning. Add the paneer and gently stir in to coat. Thread the paneer onto metal skewers alternating with pepper and onion, then place on a baking tray lined with foil. Grill the skewers for 10 mins, turning halfway through, until the paneer is hot and the veg is softened and slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing the mango, avocado, mint and remaining lime juice. Heat the rice following pack instructions, if using, and serve with the skewers, salsa and lime wedges.