- 112 - ounce beef top round steak, cut 1 inch thick
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 mediumred or green sweet pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size strips
- 1/2 cup bottled fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 6cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- Coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
MethodThinly slice steak across the grain into bite-size strips.*
Recipe TipPartially freeze beef for easier slicing.
- 450g lean rump steak
- 2 tbsp dairy and wheat-free Worcestershire sauce dairy and wheat-free
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 250g 'Free From' fusilli pasta (we used Sainsbury's)
- 1 bunch spring onion, thinly sliced
- 3 red peppers, grilled to remove the skins, deseeded and thickly sliced
- small bunch basil, torn
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp freshly grated horseradish, to taste
- Marinate the steak in the Worcester sauce for 10 mins and sprinkle over the black pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, drain, then toss with the spring onions, peppers and basil. Mix the dressing ingredients together, season, then set aside.
- Heat the barbecue or a griddle pan until very hot. Cook the steak for 3 mins on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Cut into thick slices, then toss into the pasta with the dressing. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
- 12ounces beef flank steak or beef top round steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 6cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red or green sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 3teaspoons olive oil or cooking oil
- 1/2 cup bottled Italian salad dressing or red wine vinegar and oil salad dressing
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Trim fat from steak. Cut steak into thin, bite-size strips. Arrange salad greens on 4 salad plates; set aside.
- In a large skillet cook and stir sweet peppers in 2 teaspoons of the oil for 1 to 2 minutes or until nearly crisp-tender.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the skillet; add steak strips. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until desired doneness. Add salad dressing to skillet. Cook and stir until heated through. Spoon beef mixture over salad greens. Sprinkle with black pepper. Makes 4 servings.
- 2 pounds yellow Finn or Yukon gold potatoes (6 medium)
- 2 1/2 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted*
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup red and/or yellow tiny pear-shape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Toasted pine nuts* and/or shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a covered large saucepan cook potatoes in enough boiling salted water to cover for 20 to 25 minutes or just until tender. Drain and cool slightly. Peel and cube potatoes. Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- For pesto, in a food processor or blender combine arugula, the 1/3 cup cheese, the 1/3 cup pine nuts, the water, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover and process or blend until nearly smooth. With processor or blender running, slowly add oil through opening in lid in a thin, steady stream, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary.
- Pour pesto over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Gently stir in tomatoes. If desired, top with additional pine nuts and/or shaved cheese. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.