This recipe makes enough smoked pancetta, orange zest and sage stuffing for a 4.5kg turkey - or roll into balls and bake
- 150g pack diced smoked pancetta
- 75g butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- grated zest 1 orange
- 200g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped sage
- 50g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
MethodCook for 2-3 mins until just starting to turn golden. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the butter, onions and garlic to the pan, and cook for 4-5 mins, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl with the pancetta. Leave to cool.
- 1 tbsp coriander seed
- 3 oranges
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 3 x 125g balls buffalo mozzarella
- handful lamb's lettuce
- handful mint leaves
- crusty bread (or gluten-free alternative), to serve (optional)
- Toast the coriander seeds in a frying pan. Leave to cool a little, then roughly crush using a pestle and mortar.
- Grate the zest from ½ an orange, then segment all 3, reserving the juice. Mix the seeds with the oil, vinegar, 1½ tbsp orange juice and the zest, then season.
- Tear the mozzarella into large-ish pieces and arrange on a platter with the orange segments and lamb’s lettuce. Drizzle over the dressing and scatter the mint leaves on top. Serve with crusty bread, if you like.
- 400g penne
- 500g bunch asparagus, each spear trimmed and cut into 3 pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 slices pancetta, snipped into pieces
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- good handful basil leaves
- grated Parmesan, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Boil the pasta in salted water. Put the asparagus into a roasting tin, then toss with the oil and pancetta. Roast for 10 mins until the pancetta starts to crisp up, stir in the tomatoes, then cook for 5 mins more.
- Drain the pasta, then add to the roasting tin along with the torn basil leaves and seasoning. Stir well until everything is glistening, then serve in bowls, scattered with grated Parmesan.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 140g bag spinach, rocket & watercress salad
- 4 vacuum-packed cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
- Put the chicken between 2 sheets of parchment paper or cling film and bash with a rolling pin to flatten. Grate the zest from ½ orange and mix in a bowl with the mustard, 2 tsp oil and plenty of seasoning. Add the chicken and stir well.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan and cook the chicken for 5-6 mins on each side until cooked through. Place on a plate to rest while you assemble the salad.
- Tip the salad leaves into a bowl. Peel and slice the oranges on a plate to catch any juices. Pour the orange juice over the leaves, add the slices with 1tsp oil and toss together. Add the beetroot, then slice the chicken and add to the salad along with any resting juices. Divide everything between plates and serve.