"Get ready to do the hula!Good with cream cheese or sour cream frosting."
MethodGrease one 9 x 13 inch pan.
"Chocolate cake with melted caramels, nuts, and chocolate chips in the middle."
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package german chocolate cake mix
- 14 ounces individually wrapped caramels
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch pan.
- Mix cake mix according to package directions. Pour a little less than half of the batter into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) remove from oven.
- Melt caramels, margarine, and milk in the microwave on high (takes about 10 minutes), stirring a couple times. Or alternately melt in a sauce pan over medium low heat. Pour melted caramel mixture over cake, sprinkle with pecans, and chocolate chips, and pour remaining cake batter over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 35 minutes.
"This is my husband's favorite cake. It is two layers of yellow cake with a lemonade flavored ice cream center. Wonderful on a hot day."
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for two 9 inch round cake pans. Cool thoroughly.
- Stir ice cream to soften. Mix in food coloring, and 1/2 cup of the lemonade concentrate. Spread ice cream mixture evenly in a foil-lined, 9 inch round cake pan.Freeze until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Top with ice cream layer, then top with the second layer of cake. Put the assembled cake back into the freezer.
- Beat the whipping cream with the remaining lemonade and sugar until fluffy, and peaks form. Frost sides and top of cake with whipped cream mixture. Return cake to freezer for at least one hour before serving.
"Very moist cake, similar to carrot cake."
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, white sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon vanilla together. Pour into egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the shredded zucchini. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until a tester inserted into each layer comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Allow cakes to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- To Make Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the confectioner's sugar, a little at a time, and beat until smooth. Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla. Spread between cake layers and stack to make a 3-layer cake.