Prep 15 m; Cook 20 m; Ready In 35 m;
"These sweet and sour Hawaiian meatballs add pizzazz to any appetizer or as a side dish."
- 2 pounds lean Ground Beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 450g pork sausages, skins removed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 300ml tub half-fat crème fraîche
- ½ small pack dill, finely chopped
- mashed potato, to serve
- Roll the sausagemeat into 20 balls the size of cherry tomatoes. Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the meatballs for 8-10 mins.
- Stir in the garlic, mustard and crème fraîche, bubble to thicken for about 10 mins, then stir in the dill. Grind over some black pepper just before serving, with mashed potato on the side.
- 2 1/2 pounds flanken-cut Ribs (about 10-12 ribs)
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 2tablespoons brown sugar
- 1teaspoon sesame oil
- 4tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1tablespoon Rice vinegar
- 2tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch slices (about 10-12 slices)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Place ribs in a zip-top bag and set aside.
- Combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and green onions in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour mixture over ribs in bag and marinate at least 6 to 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Turn bag occasionally to distribute marinade evenly.
- Preheat barbecue grill to medium-high heat. Lightly spray pineapple with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle very lightly with kosher salt. Place ribs and pineapple on grill. (If you have an upper rack on your grill, place pineapple there.) Sprinkle top side of ribs lightly with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Cook ribs 3 to 5 minutes on each side until charred and evenly done. Cooking time will depend on thickness of cut. Extra-thin ribs cook for only a couple of minutes per side and thicker cuts (up to 1/2-inch) may take 5 to 6 minutes per side. Flip pineapple after a few minutes until it's slightly tender and has grill marks on both sides. Remove both from grill. Serve immediately.
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic, minced
- 12 ounces lean Ground Beef
- 4 ounces chorizo (remove casing, if present)
- 1 16 ounce jar salsa
- 1 12 ounce jar chili sauce
- 1 16 ounce package small cooked Smoked Sausage links
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg with a fork; stir in bread crumbs, onion, and garlic. Add ground beef and chorizo; mix well. Shape into about 38 1-inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs in 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake about 18 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Drain off fat. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, stir together salsa and chili sauce. Stir in baked meatballs and smoked sausage links. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving. Serve with decorative wooden picks.