Prep Time 20min. Total Time 20min. Servings 8 servings
No degree in Hawaiian-style cooking is necessary to make these tasty sausage sliders. You will, however, need pineapple rings and Hawaiian dinner rolls.
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Natural Uncured Beef Sausage
- 4freshpineapple rings (1/4 inch thick)
- 8 hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 3 Tbsp.KRAFT light mayo Reduced Fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp.ground Red Pepper (cayenne)
- 1/8tsp.onion powder
- 1/8 tsp.garlic powder
- 8 smalllettuce leaves
- 1 small apple
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or sage, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 2 pounds ground Pork
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup shredded White Cheddar cheese or smoked provolone cheese (2 to 3 ounces)
- 16 2 inches buns, rolls, or biscuits, sliced nearly in half
- 1 recipe Grilled Apple-Fennel Slaw
- Peel and shred enough of the apple to measure 1/3 cup. In a large bowl combine the 1/3 cup apple, oil, garlic, pepper, fennel seeds, salt, thyme, and nutmeg. Add ground pork; mix well.
- Shape a scant 1/4 cup pork mixture into a ball and use your finger to make a deep indentation in top. Fill indentation with 1 to 2 teaspoons cheese; press pork mixture to enclose filling. Reshape pork mixture into a ball and flatten into a 2 1/2-inch-diameter patty. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pork mixture and cheese. Cover and chill for 1 to 4 hours.
- For a charcoal grill, grill patties on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Serve burgers in buns topped with Grilled Apple-Fennel Slaw.
When it comes to making appetizers, refrigerated pizza dough is a home cook's best friend! Case in point, these sausage bites served with mustard sauce.
- 1 can (11 oz.) refrigerated thin crust Pizza dough
- 6 KRAFT Singles
- 1pkg. (13 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Natural Uncured Turkey Sausage, cut crosswise in half
- 2 tsp.poppy seed
- 1/4 cupKRAFT Real mayo mayonnaise
- 1/4 cupBREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp.GREY POUPON dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Remove pizza dough from can.(Do not unroll dough.)Place dough on cutting board; cut crosswise in half.Unroll each half. Place 3 Singles down center of each dough piece; top diagonally with 1 sausage piece.Fold corners of dough over ends of each sausage piece, then fold 1 of the remaining corners of dough over sausage.Roll dough to completely enclose sausage; pinch seams together to seal.Spray lightly with cooking spray; roll in poppy seed until evenly coated.
- Place, seam sides down, on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 12 to 14 min. or until golden brown.Let stand 5 min.Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients until blended.
- Cut each log into 14 slices. Serve with mayo mixture.
Jazz up your pasta plans using our Chicken Sausage Pappardelle Pasta Recipe! This 30-minute pappardelle pasta recipe is tasty with broccoli and Parmesan.
- 1/2 lb.pappardelle pasta, uncooked
- 2 cupsbroccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp.oil
- 1 lb.Chicken Sausage links, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 Red Pepper, cut into thin strips, halved crosswise
- 1 cupfat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cuphalf-and-half
- 1 tsp.dried oregano leaves
- 1 cupKRAFT Shredded italian* Five cheese with a TOUCH OF philadelphia
- 2 Tbsp.KRAFT Reduced Fat parmesan Style Grated Topping
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding broccoli to the boiling water for the last 2 min.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat.Add sausage; cook on medium heat 5 min., stirring occasionally.Add peppers; cook and stir 5 min. or until peppers are crisp-tender and sausage is done.
- Drain pasta mixture.Add to skillet along with broth, half-and-half and oregano; cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until sauce is slightly thickened.Top with shredded cheese; cook 1 to 2 min. or until cheese is melted.Sprinkle with Parmesan.