Yield:6 servings (12 skewers total)Prep30 mins Marinate1 hr Grill6 mins to 8 mins
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 24 1-inch Pieces
- 24 large shrimp (about 1-1/2 pounds) cleaned
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 medium-size Jalapeno Peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh Pineapple Pieces (18 1-inch cubes)
- 1 Green Pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
MethodSpicy Pineapple Marinade: Add pineapple juice, lime juice and jalapeno to bag. Refrigerate to marinate for 1 hour.
- 24 fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp in shells (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 nectarines or plums, pitted and cut into eight wedges each
- 3tablespoons fresh snipped cilantro
- 2teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 2tablespoons orange juice
- 1tablespoon Asian chili sauce (such as Sriracha) or hot Thai chile sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Orange wedges
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, removing tails if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Place shrimp and nectarines in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in small bowl, combine cilantro, orange peel, orange juice, chili sauce, and garlic. Pour marinade over shrimp and nectarines; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes to 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain shrimp and nectarines, discarding any excess marinade. Thread shrimp and nectarines onto eight 6- to 8-inch skewers*, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Sprinkle with salt.
- For a charcoal grill, grill shrimp skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 7 to 9 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place shrimp on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.)
- Serve kabobs with orange wedges.Makes 4 servings (2 skewers each).
- * If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before using to prevent burning on the grill.
- 12ounces boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon cooking oil
- 1tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 2 ripe plantains, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- Torn salad greens (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Trim fat from meat. Cut into 1-inch pieces. In a small bowl, stir together red wine vinegar, oil, and jerk seasoning. Toss meat cubes with half of the vinegar mixture. On long skewers,* alternately thread meat, plantain chunks, and onion wedges, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces. Brush plantains and onion wedges with remaining vinegar mixture.
- Place skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until meat is desired doneness, turning occasionally. If desired, serve with salad greens and lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.
- 10 peeled and deveined large shrimp (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon no-salt fiesta lime seasoning blend, such as Mrs. Dash brand
- 6 fresh pineapple chunks (about 3/4 cup)
- 12 snap (snow) pea pods
- 6 red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes (about 1/2 cup)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup mango-chipotle yogurt dressing, such as Bolthouse Farms brand
- Preheat broiler. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle shrimp with the seasoning blend; set aside.
- On two 10- to 12-inch metal skewers alternately thread pineapple, pea pods, and tomatoes. On two 10- to 12-inch metal skewers thread shrimp, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces.
- Lightly coat unheated broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the kabobs. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once.
- Evenly divide greens between two plates. Top with kabobs and drizzle with mango-chipotle yogurt dressing.